Going away gift ideas please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Buttercup x Posts: 535
My friend is moving to the cayman islands in the next couple of weeks and I want to get her a going away/good luck gift but I'm totally stuck for ideas. She is a bit of a character so maybe something light hearted and funny? Would love some suggestions please...the wollies always have brilliant ideas! Thanks B x :)
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Ah aren't you lovely! As an ex-pat I love Irish themed stuff ( :-8 ) so maybe one of the hairy baby t-shirts? Or a subscription to and Irish paper or magazine? (unfortunately U won't post a subscription abroad but you could sent it on to her) Or a care package? You could post a package of tea, tayto, Irish magazines and some personal stuff like photos etc to her new home so it would be waiting for her when she got there?
Buttercup x Posts: 535
Thanks justbecause :o)ll they are some really good ideas! I really like the idea of the care package but I'll get her something small to give her at the weekend too
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
A funny book maybe to read on the plane? the overheard in dublin books are very good!
nelswife Posts: 3869
Maybe not funny but what about some irish linen, waterford cyrstal...something Irish that she can have in her new home....there is a shop in town..(tourist shop) near O'Connell street and they sell ALL things irish... or maybe a set of coasters (placemats & drink coasters) that have pictures of ireland on them