going back to blonde

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Synergy Posts: 2768
Oh what a dose. I dyed my hair dark (normally fair) after the wedding as I really needed a change. It was horrible, didn't suit me at all at all. I'm plastered in makeup every morning in order for the dark hair to suit me. Can't afford the hairdressers for at least another month or two so bought 2 nice and easy blonde hair colours this morning. I put one in this morning and it lightened it up to an auburn shade. I'm just after putting the other one in there now. Fingers crossed it will improve it some bit and doesn't leave me bald!!!! Did any of ye wollies ever have to go through this little ordeal and come out the other side to tell the tale? Please entertain me while I wait for the colour to develop (12.35pm)
Jawl Posts: 8881
Well I never play around with home colouring, I'm too chicken. I went from pure blonde to brown about 7 months ago though and love it. It does take getting used to though. Are you fair skinned or dark? I'm kinda sallow and I found, that I can get away without wearing much make up at all since I went brown. Good luck with it!!!
rubymoon Posts: 756
Meet your sister! seriously I have had this experience 3 times in my life, wanting a change and impulsively putting a darker colour in. The latest of these experiences was 4 months ago when I decided I was going to go dark auburn. I loved it when it was done but when I woke up next morning and looked in the mirror :eek :hic . I actually spent alot of the next 3 days crying and scrubbing my hair with the green fairy liquid until I went to the hairdressers and got loads and loads of blonde highlights into it. The first go of highlights was a huge improvement and after the 2nd lot I was back to blonde again and I am NEVER ever going to get that notion of taking a trip to the dark side ever again!!!!!!! Hope it turns out blonde for you when you wash it out!!!!! xxxxx :xox
I'm fair enough but would tan in the summer. People's reactions on it are 50/50. I gave it a week and that was enough for me. I don't think I'll be blonde today I reckon I'll be foxy (like my mam :)) and hopefully I'll get back to blonde before next weekend. I'm just afraid my hair will fall out :eek
I thougth it was 50/50 reaction to mine as well, but I liked it. It's just most people were shocked at such a drastic change. And less maintenance really suits me :o0
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
I'm a lover of home dying and have found my perfect colour recently. I love it and will never go back dark. I met my hubby when I'd gone brown for about 6 months and like you was so pasty and pale while I was dark, I hated it. He bought me a day in the hairdresser for my birthday and spent ages going back blonde. I've never used two colours in one day though. Hope it turns out the way you want :thnk
I was looking forward to the less maintainance part in all! Plus it was so healthy and shiny looking, just too dark. Such a pity Bananbaby, I never did two colours in one day either so I'm a tad nervous tbh. I'd say it will be fine though fingers crossed
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
[quote="Synergy":3nclrodf]Bananbaby, I never did two colours in one day either so I'm a tad nervous tbh. I'd say it will be fine though fingers crossed[/quote:3nclrodf] I've my toes crossed too :wv
I am still getting used to the fact I have glossy hair, I was mistaking it for grease :o0
[quote="Jawl":2ikbbb2l]I am still getting used to the fact I have glossy hair, I was mistaking it for grease :o0[/quote:2ikbbb2l] :o0 :o0 I know! I banged my head this morning aff the fireplace and I was looking for the cut in the mirror. I couldn't help thinking how glossy my roots were they looked wet :o0