going out/social life

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
so . . . is your social life still the same ( bar the getting locked part ) since you became pregnant?
Salander Posts: 1639
yes didnt have one before - don't have one now! neither dh nor i drink so we don't really go out much to the pub. first couple of months I couldn't eat much so meals out were a waste and i was too wrecked to do anything if dh's family were going to the pub i might go but it depended on how tired i was if it was a late night i'd be in bed the next day til late. now at 27 weeks i am feeling so much better - went to a country festival on Sunday and had a blast! we go to the cinema if there is something worth watching on! and we had a meal out the other night and i ate quite a bit - it was great! i make a point of trying to meet up with friends every couple of weeks - usually somewhere that does pizza or sambos or something light to keep me sane!
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Yep pretty much the same since the sickness and tiredness went away!! dont see why it shouldnt be... O-O
milis Posts: 7998
I'm going out about the same amount as I was. BUT I'm coming home earlier than I used to, as I'm tired easier than I would have been. Have had loads of weddings to go to, and a few nights out for birthdays. The only big thing I've missed out on was Paddy's day, cos I was only 9 weeks, and hadn't told anyone yet.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
I'm going out now for meals rather than boozy nights out. luckilly one of my friends is pregnant too so that helps! We usually go to the local after for a quiet few (diet cokes obviously for me!!) but i'm usually home by 1am!!
LMR Posts: 1925
No. Mostly because I don't have the energy for it. H and I would have been great ones for the going out all the time and obviously the combination of me being tired/sick/wishing I was dead in the first trimester meant that I wasn't up for much and tended to put in an appearance for the shortest possible time and then go again. Picked up in second trimester, but we mostly tend to go to the more 'civilised' gatherings such as dinner out or house parties where I can a) usually get a seat b) its not just a drinking thing b) I'm not in smoky bars (you can still smoke inside here). I'd also be more of an early leaver (combination of annoying drunks - I used to be one and the fact I need mor sleep than I used to.