Going Private question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Next time I get pregnant (please God) I want to go private (given my history) but I want to understand the implications. I will most likely end back in hospital for one if not two weeks at 7 – 8 weeks puking (was in for 1 week on first man and 2 on second man). Is that covered under Mother and Baby plan (or whatever it called) or because I opted for private will I have to pay and if I have to pay do Quinn cover that? Ditto if I end up hospitalized until I have the baby (say 20 weeks to birth – reading up on similar stories to my own there is a chance of that)? Thanks
Idina Posts: 1289
TBH honest I think your best bet is to ring your health insurer but if you have to be hospitalised for anything you are usually covered. (whether pregnant or not)
Thanks I was just wondering.
Wife09 Posts: 873
Ive quinn essential plus and my accomodation has been covered , when I asked in hospital they said I was covered as long as medically nescessary which obviously was because they admitted me. You might have different policy but either way ring quinn for peace of mind!
That is the same I have I think - no excess essential plus. Thanks,