Going to a Black Tie Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pricetag Posts: 1306
We're going to a black tie wedding tomorrow and H2B doesn't have a tux! It's our own fault we left it too late! He has a black suit and I told him to get a dress shirt and bow tie but he really really really doesn't want to wear a bow tie! Would he get away with a black tie instead? Will he stick out liek a sore thumb??! Thanks
come dine with me Posts: 306
And this is why i hate black tie weddings, too much pressure on people to wear the right thing! O:| Have been to a few and some were in black suits black ties but most were wearing a bow tie.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
If he's wearing a black suit, then he should wear a black tie, and not a bow tie. Bow tie with a tux only. Think Tom Ford! [img:2q4qc974]http://www.observer.com/files/full/tom%20ford.jpg[/img:2q4qc974]
happyfamily Posts: 3323
`Would an actual black tie look like a funeral outfit?
[quote="kerrywedding2011":2mcgw0ki]`Would an actual black tie look like a funeral outfit?[/quote:2mcgw0ki] my thoughts exactly! But hello to that guy in the picture :)
Nah, it's not that uncommon at black tie functions to see a few people in black suits with black ties. Sure, he'll be surrounded by other men wearing the same, more or less.
[quote="newfiance":95k66wdq] But hello to [b:95k66wdq]that guy [/b:95k66wdq]in the picture :)[/quote:95k66wdq] Splutter. "That guy"? That Guy is Tom Ford, Sir Hot of Hotness Manor.
[quote="mysteriousmise":u9wl14di][quote="newfiance":u9wl14di] But hello to [b:u9wl14di]that guy [/b:u9wl14di]in the picture :)[/quote:u9wl14di] Splutter. "That guy"? That Guy is Tom Ford, Sir Hot of Hotness Manor.[/quote:u9wl14di] :-8 :-8 I need to look into him more drooool!!!!! I thought just the suit was Tom Ford!
Jawl Posts: 8881
He might feel out of place, seeing as 90% of the men will be in tux's. See a lot of weddings at work, there's always a good lot of men show up in their regular black/grey/brown suits. So it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
A black tie to me even with a black suit would be funeral looking.