going to a concert at 19 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cosy days Posts: 1014
It might sound silly but i'm going to the 02 in may to a concert, can i damage the baby's ears? Sorry if it sounds like a ridiculous question..
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I was 8 weeks pregnant at one concert and then 7 months pregnant at another. tbh never even thought about it! I didnt go all the way up front like I usually try to do at a concert I stayed in the middle somewhere so I had enough room around my belly so no one would hit off me that was my main concern. sorry Im no help!
mrs gerard Posts: 1669
i went to a groove armada gig at about 18 weeks, ive never read anything about it, i think its fierce loud in belly anyway so it will prob drown out the music!
cosy days Posts: 1014
Thanks for the replies :)
redfly Posts: 358
I was about 23 weeks or so when I went to Beyonce in the O2. Baby is born now and nothing wrong with her hearing however when the music came on in the concert she start going bananas inside me. I thought I was going to have to get up and leave the concert because she was moving so vigourously.I thought she was frightened.
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="redfly":2ietg63s]I was about 23 weeks or so when I went to Beyonce in the O2. Baby is born now and nothing wrong with her hearing however when the music came on in the concert she start going bananas inside me. I thought I was going to have to get up and leave the concert because she was moving so vigourously.I thought she was frightened.[/quote:2ietg63s] Have you not seen all those videos on youtube of babies dancing to Single Ladies?! :o0 She was just having a bop *)
apple drop Posts: 331
Im bringing DD to a Wiggles Concert in june when ill be about the 20 weeks too :o0 :o0 Start them off early. Was talking to a friend who is a Dr and he was saying that the fluid around the baby drowns out and muffles out the sound. Just be prepared for lots of baby kicking and moving about though! I went to REM when I was about 25 weeks with DD, and have never had any problems with her hearing or anything like that!! Go out and have a fun night out! You may not get too many for a while after babs arrives
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Went to a concert at 37 weeks on DD and her hearing is perfect wouldn't worry!
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
nope the fluid drowns out the music a bit
Jeidi Posts: 3128
I love the Stunning and went to see them when I was 37 weeks pregnant! Really enjoyed myself too! Have a great time!