Gold dress, what to match with it....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Foxylady1 Posts: 381
Hiya, my wedding dress is going to be kinda a goldy colour and was wondering what colours would match with this e.g bridemaid dress, bouqut, jewellery. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!!!!
shiversmoy Posts: 635
My wedding dress is light gold and my bridesmaid dresses are rasberry. It will be very easy to match gold. you could have rich cream flowers with whatever colour you choose for your bridesmaid dresses. I havent really thought of jewellery yet but maybe swaroski or pearls would go nice, really depends on the style of your dress.
looey Posts: 624
I am gonna be a gold bride too, was thinking of Aubergine and a kind of Lilac for the bridesmaids!
12 for luck Posts: 12
How unusual it sounds lovely. How about a deep red?
looey Posts: 624
Pics won't show up, sorry about this post edited it a few times, but it's not working >:o(
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
My dress was light gold, BM dresses were tangerine. I had a gold tiara with a few pearls and crystals in it, the necklace and earrings had small pearls and crystals as well, no gold in that except for the clasp as I thought there was enough gold in the tiara. Flowers were ivory, creamy and orange roses. It depends on the time of year you are getting married as well. It also depends on the colour of the gold dress, mine looked ivory in the photos so I could have gotten away with any colour really even though I didn't realise it when I was trying to match the colours
.... Posts: 667
Foxylady1 Posts: 381
Them colours sound gorgeous, can you post pics of your flowers & bridesmaid dress if not too much trouble???