Golf Clubs in NY?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Youagain Posts: 576
Hubby and I going there weekend after next. Any suggestions for where to buy clubs ?
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Bought my dad a new set of clubs there last year, were €1,800 here got them for $600 in NYC - for the life of me can't remember the name of the place - leave it with me I'll find out. Tiny little shop on the second floor of a terrace - we were sent there by a massive golf shop who didn't have what we were looking for. They packed them really tight & we didn't get done for extra bags/customs or anything like that on the way home.
Brilliant WW. If you could find out name of place or even address that would be great. Hubby is very tall. Did they have a good selection of non-standard clubs or would you recc. the larger place that you went to first ?
Will find the address & name for ya. Prob should try the bigger place first - was massive - they seemed to have everything but not these particular type of clubs the Pops was looking for. Will ask h2b when his phone is back in action later this afternoon - out of country at mo.
Hey Youagain, For the life of us neither me or h2b can remember the name of the smaller golf shop we were in but here is the info for the big one I'm fairly sure you'll find what ye are looking for there. Its massive, your hubby will be there forever - maybe you should bring a magazine?? :o0 Enjoy your trip, best of luck :wv [url:26dffqgi]http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?countrycode=250&country=US&address=147+East+47th+St&city=&state=&zipcode=10017&addtohistory=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0[/url:26dffqgi] [url:26dffqgi]http://www.theworldofgolf.com/[/url:26dffqgi]
Hi WW. You are a star. :thnk Assume address is where the star is on the map (147 E and 47th) ? He will be like a child in a sweet shop there. Think I'll just leave him there and get the manager of the shop to call me when it's shut and I have to collect him !!! :o0
Yep its where the star is - would as the info desk in your hotel to point you in the right direction too. He'll have a ball, would def be leaving him for an hour or two - the Sephora shop isn't far & thats huge too :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Have a safe & great hol. :wv
Thanks.... hope your week is getting better too ! :thnk
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Hey youagain, my brother lives in NY, I'll mail him now and ask for you.
Brilliant. Thanks a million for the help. Will just leave him off with his golf clubs. (He won't be watching over my shoulder then at what I'm spending on !) >:o)