Good books

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Corks Posts: 355
Going away with my Mom next week for a few days so there wont be any late nights!! Any advice on some good books I can buy?
clucky Posts: 26471
anything by Melissa Hill - great books with a good twist in all of them
MRSWJ Posts: 540
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I loved this book. I also like Ceclia Ahern. I've read her first three books. Quite good.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
I just finished "The Honeymoon is over" by Annett Holliday very good and very funny read it in two days :o0 :o0
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="Mrs OBrien":2yn4oqm6]I just finished "The Honeymoon is over" by Annett Holliday very good and very funny read it in two days :o0 :o0[/quote:2yn4oqm6] oh that is a great book i loved it!!
*gone* Posts: 4785
Last book I read was "Wild Swans - Daughters of China" by Jung Chang ... excellent book ... it isn't a "light read" by any means, but if you are looking for something to get your teeth into for a couple of weeks, this is brilliant.
Shin Posts: 8515
i always say i absoloutly love the book 'Fortune's Rock' by Anita Shreeve. Its excellent. its set back in the 1900's in boston and its about a 15 year old girl who begins a passionate relationship with her father's friend whose 40. they are quite wealthy family and its almost like you can feel the anguish they both go through. Its a really passionate book that you will not put down, i gaurantee you. I love the way Anita Shreeve writes. Dont let the settings of the book put you off. it took me some convincing by a friend to pick it up but i was so glad i did. my sister brought it with her on holidays after me and couldnt put it down either. Get it, get it, get it :o)ll
Phoenix Posts: 836
Love anything by Anita Shreve myself...also love the Cecilia Ahern books but they are two completely different writing styles...........Anita Shreve is a bit more meaty IFYWIM ........ another good read is anything by Lesley Pearse, my favourite one of hers is Never Look Back...really epic novels.