Good cream for stretchmarks?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vivaladiva Posts: 864
Can anyone recommend some?! Ive a few marks left on my tummy area from my first pregnancy all them yrs ago but the ould bumps not far away now so want to be ahead of myself this time n get the cream on now! What do you recommend using?! And where can you get it?
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I am using Palmers Cocoa Butter cream (after seeing that scary ad on the TV! :eek ) but I have read that some girls can find the smell a bit overpowering ... it reminds me of being on holidays so I love it. Otherwise, Bio Oil is meant to be very good at preventing scarring and stretch marks. The most important thing is to keep your bump mosturised every day, particularly when it is really growing. I am just flabby at the moment so there's plenty of room for the bump to grow in to :-8
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
Bio oil is brilliant. Keep an eye on Boots, they do 3 for 2 offers every now and again. Also I got a present of Neal's Yard Mothers Balm. It is fab. Expensive but worth a go and lasts for ages.
newbie24 Posts: 530
I used the Mama Mio range - Oil at night and then the body butter during the day as the oil would take too long to dry and go all over my suit.!! After i'd finished that, my mum bought me a Sanctuary Spa Body butter for pregnancy which is in a hugh tub from Boots and is fabulous - smeels great and it's a really thick cream, so feels luxurious too... Not sure if they'll be any better than anything else on the market though, I think the main thing is to keep your tummy moisturized all the time and you should be fine !
smurf77 Posts: 2216
I used the palmers and the bio oil. Heard the palmers have an olive oil one that smells better. Smell only bothered me when I had morning sickness tbh
s wife Posts: 1445
my mam was watching tv3 and some expert girl swears by the silcox base you get it in the chemists ,so ive been using that there is no smell its quiet a thick cream ,have to say my skin is very soft from it but as for stretch marks i think im a little too early for them :wv
Woodstock Posts: 1565
In the mornings I use: Johnson Baby Oil on wet skin after my shower or Rilastil Stretch Mark Cream In the evenings: Bio-Oil or Almond Oil Trying to alternate as much as possible between them all, hopefully one out of four will work! :-8
sucabo Posts: 324
I am using Biotherm Stretch mark cream. It's expensive but used it on last pregnancy and I didn't get any stretch marks so not taking any chances this time!!
vivaladiva Posts: 864
Thanks a million for all the replys girls! Last time around i hadnt a clue i was so young n this time i DONT want any more stretchmarks so ill do anythin! Theyre sayin n im beleivin that on your second child you show more easily n beleive me im startin to look pregnant n me only goin on 9 wks this wk! How early have you started using your creams?! Is it now or later on?!
Shorti3 Posts: 404
[quote="hopingforsoon":y4tuki50]I am using Palmers Cocoa Butter cream (after seeing that scary ad on the TV! :eek ) but I have read that some girls can find the smell a bit overpowering ... it reminds me of being on holidays so I love it. [/quote:y4tuki50] 100% DITTO ... it reminded me on hols to and it worked super duper for me thank god :wv