Good idea or not please Vote

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Skittlespink Posts: 406
Hi, I was booking our dj today and he offered us the option of some extras. He can bring blow up instruments, saxophones, guitars etc and get the lads from the bridal party up first and do blues brothers type songs while they play the blow up instruments! He then gives them out to the floor for everyone to have a go! Not sure if this would be really good craic but do we really want blow up instruments being thrown around at our wedding??? opinions please H2B suggested I ask all you wollies!!
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
I've seen this at a friend's wedding, went down really well and it looked great in the photos of the later part of the night!!I say go for it! :wv
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
My sister had this at her wedding.. it went down so well im doing it at mine! :)
petersgirl Posts: 1568
I think it could be great fun at that point in the evening when everyone's had a few O-O
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
We had this at our wedding & it went down a treat. I still have our 2 air guitars. I have them in my office
buddylove Posts: 3288
Myself my my sis were talking about this recently as well. I think it could be a right laugh if the crowd is up for it and has a few beers consumed! But if the crowd doenst want to partake in it,, it could look a bit sad :hic :hic My h2b not interested tho as he thinks its ridiculous!!! So thats the end of that..
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I think would really depend on the crowd I know I would have to be well on to start playing with air guitars or anything like that!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Wouldn't be for me I'm afraid. At a regular party maybe - but for my wedding I'm going for elegance etc so it wouldn't fit. I guess it depends what kind of day you're going for overall.
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Not for me either Im afraid - I think its a bit cringe but I have heard of it going down well
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
[quote="luckyladee":35pm9h8h]Wouldn't be for me I'm afraid. At a regular party maybe - [b:35pm9h8h]but for my wedding I'm going for elegance etc so it wouldn't fit. [/b:35pm9h8h] I guess it depends what kind of day you're going for overall.[/quote:35pm9h8h] Ouch! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: We had them at our wedding, quite late in the evening, after the entertainment during the band's break. They were hilarious- I had no idea that people would be so eager to play with inflatable instruments :eek , but our friends and family are great fun, I would imagine if ones guests were more uptight they could go down like a lead balloon.