Good People in the world.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ianstuart Posts: 1947
I believe in karma , if you put good karma into the world it will come back to you and it really came back to me today. :lvs :lvs :lvs Was meeting my mum and sister for lunch today and didnt take my handbag because i was just garbing a quick bite before heading back to work. I put my purse down on the seat and then other family members joined us and we all moved up and enjoyed catching up over lunch .Awhile later the waitress came down asking was there an Ian Stuart here as my purse had fallen of the seat and landed into another girls handbag that was sitting on the floor . When she realised she immediately phoned the cafe . :eek and explaned where i could meet her and get my purse back. I was going to pay my photographer after work today so i had E940 in my purse and i hate to think what would have happened if my purse landed in someone else handbag. I could not have thanked the girl enough. I am so grateful.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ah that was so nice of her. We were out a few weeks ago and my cousin left her iphone in a taxi. We rang it that next morning but it was off. 2 days later her mam got a phone call from the taxi mans wife. He had found it the next day but the battery had died. So they asked around until they eventually found some one with an iphone charger, charged it up and got her mams number from it. So nice of them
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
That is fabulous karma for both of ye!
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
Ahhhhh, thats great. I love hearing goodwill stories, gives me faith in mankind! :lvs
MikeBurkePhotography Posts: 286
Do definitely believe in karma - what goes around comes around. Not particular examples come to my mind but I do believe that if you're nice to people they'll be nice to you.
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Thanks Girls :wv :wv [b:1z5gtroz]ScarlettoHara [/b:1z5gtroz] Its so great to hear good karma stories , glad your cousin got her Iphone back and im sure at that stage she had given up all hope of ever getting her phone back.
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
2fm did a thing on this the other day, asking people to phone in or text telling if anything had happened which restored their faith in mankind. Nice hearing those feel good stories as opposed to the usual doom and gloom. A few years ago we brought my MIL for lunch and she left her handbag there. The girl in the coffee shop recognised my husband from school and they had quick chat before we left. When we were gone she spotted the handbag and went through names in phonebook to find MIL's phone number so she could ring and let her know bag was safe
madhairday Posts: 1116
Karma yip France in this years world cup. If their preformance in it wasn't Karma's revenge what was
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Wow! Well done to that girl O-O
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
I left my purse on top of a petrol pump in Ardee recently, it had over 400e cash in it. I didn't realise until I got to the toll on the M1 and couldn't find my purse to pay my 2e! I FREAKED out when I realised what I had done, and phoned my bf who drove round to the petrol station...no purse to be seen. He went in to ask if it had been handed in, and the girl behind the counter had it. Bless her, she'd seen me drive off without it and left a crowded shop to run out and get it for me. Every penny was inside. I was so relieved, I actually cried! I'm forever grateful to her :thnk