Good read if anyone is interested.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sun flowers Posts: 3421
Reading "Ma, he sold me for a few cigarettes" by Martha Long, its about life in the tenements in the Liberties in the 1950's.. brilliant read...
graceface Posts: 3632
yeah I work with books, read the back of alright. Looks interesting, if a bit depressing. Is it really violent??? That would make me sad, I loves children :o(
It is abit disturbing at times but I'm half way through and hoping for a nice ending.... :o(
ms crooner Posts: 621
I read this book and I thought it was so sad and upsetting. I love reading true stories. I just finished Anne Robinsons "memoir of an unfit mother" and it was good too. I am now ready to start into Call the midwife by Jennifer Worth its a true story of the East End in the 1950's Yes I am a book worm I love books
[quote="Ms Crooner":16ejk2l9]I read this book and I thought it was so sad and upsetting. I love reading true stories. I just finished Anne Robinsons [b:16ejk2l9]"memoir of an unfit mother"[/b:16ejk2l9] and it was good too. I am now ready to start into Call the midwife by Jennifer Worth its a true story of the East End in the 1950's Yes I am a book worm I love books[/quote:16ejk2l9] I heard that was a good read alright
Playful Posts: 638
Think I will give it a go thats where i grew up. P.S. nice to see you back SF
[quote="nikki1":3n9a4j83]Think I will give it a go thats where i grew up. P.S. nice to see you back SF[/quote:3n9a4j83] Thanks Nikki1