Good Samaritan Challenge!! :)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FastLane Posts: 252
Hi everyone, Hopefully everyone is out of the rain and having a lovely start to the weekend! I wanted to post a quick link about a brilliant charity challenge taking place at the moment, that some of you may feel worthy of a donation...but I realise how tight things are for people at the moment, and that many people prefer to donate to charities that have personal meaning to them so I am by no means trying to push this on anyone! Anyway.. two great guys are currently cycling the perimeter of Ireland in a 10-day 1000 mile challenge to raise much needed funds for the 20 branches of the Samaritans in Ireland. The impetus for this challenge came from thinking about the importance of mental and emotional health being as important as physical health, and the contribution (all voluntary) that Samaritans make to addressing peoples' mental health challenges every day of the year here. These guys are out in awful weather, and are almost halfway there at the moment, having made it from Belfast - Dublin - Waterford - Tralee and now Galway.. phew! All that cycling in 4 days and they're still cheerful and enjoying the craic so if anyone can donate any amount at all they would really really appreciate it! The challenge is being recorded by the lads, and the first video can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0A1muRS ... ure=relmfu Any donations can then be made via this link.. http://www.mycharity.ie/event/holyriders_all_ireland/ Thanks all, have a lovely weekend :thnk
Ellefun Posts: 1312
Done! Great cause and best of luck to them. :wv
FastLane Posts: 252
Thanks so much for getting the ball rolling Ellefun, that's amazing!! :o)ll Hope you have an extra-fabulous weekend! O-O
Ellefun Posts: 1312
Ha, no worries. Got a thank you message from David (I think) too. Tis a great cause. Good on you for highlighting it too. Happy weekend to one and all O-O