Good shops for Bridesmaids??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsDoyle Posts: 663
Hey girls, Going bridesmaid dress shopping over the next few weeks and I'm just looking for some store recommendations. We've already tried Marry Me in Wexford where we found a dress I love but my sis isn't so keen. We're planning to go to Bridal Wraptures, Ciara Bridal and Alexanders in around Dublin city centre. We're willing to travel anywhere within a couple of hours of either Wexford and Dublin so I'd love to hear your suggestions - and pictures are always welcome of course! Thanks :wv
Princess Laughalot Posts: 103
Hi there, Alexanders have some lovely dresses and have a decent size collection for bridesmaids but the best I found was the bridal outlet in baldoyle. Biggest selection I came across, and all sizes too which helps if your bridesmaids aren't all size 10. It's where I ended up buying my bridemaids dresses. They get very busy though so if you are going on a Saturday, try to be there for around 10.30 so the girls don't have to queue for a fitting room.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
[quote="Princess Laughalot":2laeidmr]Hi there, Alexanders have some lovely dresses and have a decent size collection for bridesmaids but the best I found was the bridal outlet in baldoyle. Biggest selection I came across, and all sizes too which helps if your bridesmaids aren't all size 10. It's where I ended up buying my bridemaids dresses. They get very busy though so if you are going on a Saturday, try to be there for around 10.30 so the girls don't have to queue for a fitting room.[/quote:2laeidmr] Did you hvae to make an appointment for the shop in Baldoyle? Both my bridesmaids are coming from the country and don't want to waste their time
Princess Laughalot Posts: 103
They don't take appointments on Saturdays, not sure about any other day of the week. But if you get there early on the Saturday you should be fine. When we got there it was really busy and I was going to leave but we persevered and it was worth it. The dresses we got are fab, and typically, when we were leaving the place emptied out!! Your best bet is to be there early though. Good luck hunting *)
dec2008 Posts: 95
Jeutonic in Kilkenny is brilliant. Huge selection and the girls are really helpful.
Greece Posts: 1800
I second Birdal Outlet in Baldoyle, definately diggest selection - got mine there and they are fab and paid mush less for them then i had expected. AND I looked in a lot of places trust me, this was the best place to go!
MrsDoyle Posts: 663
Ok, I'll definitely hit the Bridal Outlet so. Thanks for all the suggestions so far - keep them coming!
myajade Posts: 3
lovely bridemaids dress in bridal designs aungier street dublin city centre. Getting my dresses there,seen them at rds wedding show last year.
watchthisspace Posts: 591
Hi Ya I got my dresses in Bride and Groom on Strand Street in Dublin (near Jervis Centre). Am really happy with all my dealings with them so far. I rang ahead and checked they had the dress I was after. They have good range I had a good route while I was there. Good Luck
fire fly Posts: 1241
Wedding Bells in Ferns is fantasic. She's so good and extremely honest :o0 There were 3 of us and we are all different shapes and she knew that one brand did the top of one of the wedding dresses she had and the bottom of another in a bridesmaid dress and it was amazing how well we all looked in them. Alterations and everything were done quickly and the whole experience was lovely I was bridesmaid for 2 weddings and the 2 brides got the dresses there.