Menu

Good wedding gift for foreign brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mike42 Posts: 1
I’m attending my friend’s wedding in a month and will stand by his side as his best man. We’ve been best friends since grade school so this is like an obligatory event that I should attend. I don’t really have a problem with the wedding aside from the fact that I still don’t know what to give the soon-to-be married couple. I’ve often heard from friends that when a couple gets married, the best gift would be something they can use as they start a new life together. I’ve been thinking about giving them a small house appliance. Would that be good enough? Are there traditional gifts for foreign brides? I don’t want to be the best man who turned up at the wedding empty handed.
Cliona Duffy Posts: 2
I don't think you can ever go wrong with some really nice glasses and a bottle of their favourite drink. I've bought friends champagne and nice champagne flutes, or a bottle of artisan gin and some crystal tumblers.
BuzzyBee92 Posts: 142
Whatever you get make sure you get a gift receipt just in case they get more of the same thing. Would you consider money in a card? Many couples are starting married life with all the gadgets and accessories in their shared home. You actually can't have too many nice frames...perfect for them to display their wedding photos. Something fun? Do they like board games?
mikes Posts: 2
One thing you may be interested in is a custom star map of their wedding night - lookup "starrymaps" in google to find a great service for that. You could choose their wedding night date and location, and it'll show you a map of the stars on that night.