Google Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mcglick Posts: 463
Hi all. Have an IT type question..... when on google homepage and I start to type in what im searching for ........all the previous searches start to appear in a drop down box.... O:| any one know how to clear this down? Thanks! McG
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
yes this drives me mad too!! i would love to know how to get rid of it also!!! I cant look up my wedding dress for fear that H2B will come across it when he types in stuff - how paranoid am I!!
i want to get rid of it for fear of DH realising the details ive been looking into RE pregnancy and labour......some of the stuff ive googled.....mortifying!!! :-8
mrs.july Posts: 3167
Is it the mini google toolbar you use?? Cos arrow at side has a clear history option. If not try googling clear google history there are a few sites with instructions
hula Posts: 384
Go to the IE (Internet Explorer) icon on your Desktop, right click on this icon and select 'Properties'. In the 'History' section, you should be able to Delete cookies, temp files etc. You should be able to customize your settings here too so that the history only stores itself for 1 day or whatever you want. That should solve it.
thats amore Posts: 714
if you go to tools and click internet options then click the tab named advanced and a long list of options will appear. under the heading "browsing" you will see a reference to auto complete. make sure this box is not checked. then click apply or ok and it should prevent future searched items showing up in the google search bar. you can delete history by clicking tools, content then going to auto complete and deleting history from there but i think carrying out step one should do this any way. if not, do this step in addition. hope this helps
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
Thanks - will try that!!
I fixed mine too! Thanks all! O-O