Got my BFP last night..whats next?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsjaffa Posts: 98
Hi all..got my BFP last night and this is our first i reckon im around 4 wks or so! Wats the next move? Iv contacted the docs and am going in nxt wk.. Is there anything i should or shouldnt be doing in the meantime? Am scared to do my aerobics class this wk incase it'll be bad for babs..and i have a showjumping lesson this week aswell and im pretty sure i should knock that on the head too...any advice welcome :wv
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Hi and congrats on your BFP!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll There is an excellent stickey at the top of this forum it gives out loads of information for first timers. When i found out i stopped going to bootcamp just in case it would harm the baby but as far as i know you can still do some gentle exercising like walking and swimming etc etc Its a really good read enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! Pop over to the july thread theres loads of us over there! O-O
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Congrats on your BFP!! I second the sticky - lots of helpful info!! :o)ll
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Congratulations O-O O-O O-O
gopro Posts: 1801
congrats like u I was very anxious bout the gym classes the GP said sit ups etc I've cut right back just walkin n swimming n yoga at the mo u should start lookin at ur options bout maternity hospitals and wat level and research the costs
Hollylol Posts: 1072
Oh Wow Congrats!!!!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll
mrsjaffa Posts: 98
Thanks girls..dont tink its sunk in yet!! I'm hoping an praying all will go well now for the next few months :) Im thinkin il def have to give up my horse riding sniff sniff and prob bring my exercise routine back to joggin and swimming alrite! I couldnt get to chat to my doc on phone today so il have to wait for my appt! Just take it easy for rest of the wk..i cant do that :o0 Im so excited i wanna shout it from rooftops now but cant tell anybody so thanks for all the congrats :xxx
loopybride Posts: 169
congrats i also got BFP yday. its no 2 for me! do i really need to go to gp or can i just book myself into hosp. all my gp did last time was congrat me and charge me 55!
elpi Posts: 748
Congrats, that's great news. When I went to the doctor after my BFP he asked if I did horse-riding or cycling and advised if I did either I should stop.
redroses Posts: 714
Congrats on the bfp :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I think you'd be better off leaving the horse riding till after babas is born, i have no medical basis in saying that just a personal opinion. Regarding excercise, i think its gentle thats advised, you dont want too get your heart rate going too high. hope you have a happy and healthy 8 months ahead :o)ll :o)ll