Got myself into a bit of a mess!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Some of you might remember earlier in the week I got caught looking at this forum by my boss at work. Anyway he hasn't said anything to me but in my panic I told one of the girls in here what happened and said I was looking up something for a friend. Now all the girls in the office are slagging me, pretending that I am pregnant. I know they'll get sick of it in few weeks but I feel really bad like I'm lying to them all. I know it's now of their business and it's so early but I just feel really bad and I know I'll feel guilty when I do tell them. One of the girls came down and in the middle of slagging me started apologising saying God I shouldn't tempt fate imagine if you were pg and you only married, it'd be awful >:o( I'm so fucking annoyed with myself and my big fucking mouth. If I hadn't said anything to the one girl then nobody would know. O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| Sorry I just had to get this out of my system :thnk
sunnyside Posts: 3164
[quote="Mrs Gobnaith":2q3pl6df] One of the girls came down and in the middle of slagging me started apologising saying God I shouldn't tempt fate imagine if you were pg and you only married, it'd be awful >:o( [/quote:2q3pl6df] Do you mean she thinks it would be awful to be pregnant so soon after you were married- if so that's none of her business so just ignore. I think you should politely say to the next person who makes a joke 'can we just drop it now, thanks'. Its early days and you shouldn't feel forced into telling anyone if you don't want. :wv
Phoenix Posts: 836
I totally agree.....you should just ask them to drop it.......don't know if that would work. It's no one else's business about your pregnancy, it's your and hubby's choice if and when to tell anyone about it.. Try not to let them get to you , they are just pig ignorant. Phoenix
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Thanks Girls, The girl who made that comment got married 2mths before me and the last thing on her mind is babies - which is fine by me. So I think it would be her worst nightmare, but it's certainly not mine. I think I'll just ask them to shut up about it and see if that works.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Your right it is none of their business. Just laugh it off, and maybe say they way they ar going on about it you'd swaer they are pregnant. Something like that. Anyway, hope they stop soon, and best of luck with your pregnancy. Jen2
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Don't worry - they will all be delighted for you when you tell them your news and you can explain at that stage why you didn't want to let the cat out of the bag. And that comment that girl made is really really stupid! Why would it be awful?! O:|
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
You do feel like your lying through your teeth though don't you and its supposed to be such a happy time....its very annoying...maybe pass a remark and say "god girls if I was your making me feel terrible"they should stop then,ignore the other ones remark she just wasnt thinking
NotHere Posts: 10273
God some people have no cop on do they? Just ignore that one girl's nasty comments and try to laugh the other comments off. I've been accused of being pregnant over the last couple of weeks but I keep denying it, we'll have the last laugh when we make our announcements so don't be worrying yourself :wv