Gotta Love Penneys!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I went in today after work and got a skirt, a jumpsuit and a belt, for the princely sum of €20 :o)ll :o0 Skirt was 1 euro! Grey stretchy mini number, that I can wear over leggings or thick black tights with uggs or knee high boots for work over the winter. Can't believe a euro!
bridee2b Posts: 2534
Penneys rocks!!! O-O But don't you find that because everything is so cheap, you end up buying loads, thinking you are [i:1ma1rhsw]saving[/i:1ma1rhsw] a fortune, but in actual fact you end up buying stuff you don't necessarily need, and end up [i:1ma1rhsw]spending[/i:1ma1rhsw] a fortune :hic
Jawl Posts: 8881
Yes :o0 :o0 :o0
buddylove Posts: 3288
[quote="bridee2b":cnbic15w]Penneys rocks!!! O-O But don't you find that because everything is so cheap, you end up buying loads, thinking you are [i:cnbic15w]saving[/i:cnbic15w] a fortune, but in actual fact you end up buying stuff you don't necessarily need, and end up [i:cnbic15w]spending[/i:cnbic15w] a fortune :hic[/quote:cnbic15w] This happens to me ALL the time!!! I head towards the counter delighted with my E1 top or something but the bill is E50 once i get there!! In fairness though compared to oasis and shops like that you get so much more for your money! I used to love oasis but now im tired of their over priced clothes when the quality is gone back as well!! (sorry for the rant!)
happymum2b Posts: 186
Another Penny's fan here - Jawl, you inspired me to take a trip in today :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: !!
Cassie84 Posts: 410
[quote="happymum2b":3suxwgxu]Another Penny's fan here - Jawl, you inspired me to take a trip in today :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: !![/quote:3suxwgxu] :o0 like you need any help! i'm the very same, sometimes its hit and miss but i have some great little gems from there that are still going strong! love it!
veryv Posts: 970
I love penneys but I notice that since the economy went downhill so did the quality of Penneys clothes :weep I was in the Carlow shop last week and was really disappointed with the range, it was all polyester and hung like a rag on the rail. Maybe it's just Carlow....
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
No not really. Yes there are some bargains there, but the quality is cr*p methinks. I've tried to buy stuff there but rarely have luck. They only seem to stock standard sizes, and everything seems to be too short. They seem to think that if you're a size 16 (thanks Mum for the hips) and tall (thanks Dad for the long legs), you are about 5' 6 and have stumpy arms! :o( The trousers are up above my ankles and sleeves are just a smidgen longer than 3/4 length. If I were to go up a size, the clothes are swimming on me. The dresses and tops can be very pretty but......they're nearly always made of that horrible viscose material - Sweaty Betty Alert!!! :ooh So unfortunatly, Penneys is no good to me, and it would be so much handier to re-stock the wardrobe (badly needed) at a fraction of the price. Another thing is why can't they do the normal sizes? I could never find a 14-16, it was always 12-14 and 16-18, why not a 14-16 :o( Admittedly, that was before I met hubby and put on some weight O:|
veryv Posts: 970
[quote="Noodlehead":tidlodex]No not really. Yes there are some bargains there, but the quality is cr*p methinks. I've tried to buy stuff there but rarely have luck. They only seem to stock standard sizes, and everything seems to be too short. They seem to think that if you're a size 16 (thanks Mum for the hips) and tall (thanks Dad for the long legs), you are about 5' 6 and have stumpy arms! :o( The trousers are up above my ankles and sleeves are just a smidgen longer than 3/4 length. If I were to go up a size, the clothes are swimming on me. The dresses and tops can be very pretty but......they're nearly always made of that horrible viscose material - Sweaty Betty Alert!!! :ooh So unfortunatly, Penneys is no good to me, and it would be so much handier to re-stock the wardrobe (badly needed) at a fraction of the price. Another thing is why can't they do the normal sizes? I could never find a 14-16, it was always 12-14 and 16-18, why not a 14-16 :o( Admittedly, that was before I met hubby and put on some weight O:|[/quote:tidlodex] I though I was the only oddball here! I have exactly the same problem except I have big boobs, long arms and 34inch legs! I can never buy trousers there, skirts are ok, dresses no way and jumpers? Forget it. Sometimes I'm lucky with the odd thing but mostly the arms are too short, if it's a coat it doesn't close on my and the trousers are half mast on me. Ahhh I still love the bags and purses though!
bridejoy Posts: 223
Loving Penneys at the moment too girls - got a capsule wardrobe for my summer hols for €50 - skirts, tops, leggings, jewellery - just add fitflops and I'm ready to go! :o)ll