Graco buggy/pram

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

busybee07 Posts: 959
Hi Girls, Is there anyone out there looking at the graco travel systems, or is everyone going for the likes of the quinny/bugaboo/icandy? Without meaning to offend anyone, i would class these as designer prams, and to be honest i dont think i could ask my parents (who said they will buy pram) to fork out the guts of €1000.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I have the Graco Quattro Tour, actually I have the Mothercare branded one but all mothercare buggies/prams are made by Graco and they are the exact same models. My version was (I think) €100 cheaper than the Graco branded one. And it really is the exact same.
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
Im looking at the Gracco Mosaic and I think we are going to run with it. Priced the Mothercare own brand and it seemed a bit more expensice. Looking around at present a lot of people have Gracco's.....
Thanks girls, Im not sure which model exactly it was we were looking at on sat but it was only €269 alot more affordable then the icandy/quinny/bugaboo. I was originally looking at the silver cross model with the carrycot but its €900 and as previously said couldnt ask my parents to pay that much. Plus i know a few people who bought different makes that have the carrycot and it was never used.
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
The one i am looking at is around 269 also. Think am def going to run with it. Its good and light and seems fairly sturdy
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I was looking at a Gracco but I just dont think the wheels are suitable for the rough country laneways where we live, so I'm going with a Quinny. My mum has insisted from the beginning that she is buying the buggy for us, but like you I couldnt and wouldnt dream of her paying that much for it. So I'm going to go ahead and order it and then let her give us whatever amount of money she wants to. She's not loaded so I feel bad taking anything from at her all.
Yeah the one I was looking at is very sturdy and we live in dublin so dont need to worry about the wheels. From what I hear and have seen from friends, most people only seem to get about a yr out of the first pram/buggy and tend to go for something lighter like a stroller. My friends little one is 9 months, and shes on her 3rd buggy! I was talking to a friend of my mams who runs a baby furniture shop for teh last 30 yrs and he said that there is no difference between the likes of a graco buggy and the quinny. He doesnt even stock bugaboo or quinny coz its so hard to get parts for them, and the impression i got from him is that they need parts quite a bit.
2005Sept Posts: 61
Hi. I bought a Graco travel system and 19 months later I am still using it (not the car seat anymore but the pram itself). I find it excellent, even on country roads. Its quite heavy but very sturdy. At the time I was looking, my head was turned by the Quinny but I'm glad now that I didn't get it as I'm sure I would only have got a few months out of it. I would highly recommend the Graco. and it was less than 300eur
totalnovice Posts: 787
I am going with the Quinny Buzz - i couldnt justify the crazy prices here either but found a website in the UK that deliver here and it will work €620 for Quinny Buzz 3 buggy, carrycot & car seat. I think this is great value, still expensive but when you add the cost of the carseats to other brands it works out almost the same.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I was also going for the graco range but I ended up buying the silver cross 3d, I bought it in the north for 299 euro and the same pram is 500 here. Even the graco are cheaper up there too