Graco

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxi84 Posts: 260
Hi ladies was looking at the Garco Mosic at the weekend and really liked it until I done a search on it this morning & read loads of bad reviews. The graco cleo seems to be a better one, does anyone have any reviews on these? Thanks girls. BTW I had my heart set on an icandy until the girl in the shop went through it with me. Even though its their best seller she said anyone who spends hundreds on their buggies still come back to them once the child is 2-3 to get a light handy stroller.
volvic35 Posts: 1118
roxi We got the Graco Mosic as my OH sister works in a shop that sells buggies and she has said that this is one of the best ones, as you were told she said people spend hundreds on these big buggies and then end up coming back to buy a lightweight one. Googling reviews on buggies I did the same, if you google the best of buggies you'll see a bad review on anything, We got this one as it makes sense to get it as we dont want to be spending money on a lightweight buggie in a couple of months plus it was recommend to us
Hi Volvic thanks for the reply. Yes the lady in the shop also really recommened it & said between graco & silvercross they never have any returns or problems with them. Its really hard to know what to chose O:|
CCAF Posts: 502
Hey, We also had a look at graco and was going to buy online, but decided to go and have a look at it. Found it way too heavy - a friend has since bought one and said exactly that, its far too heavy - getting in and out of boot is nightmare on her own, not to mention the amount of space it takes up. We then looked around and came across the mamas and papas pliko range. They are fab, light weight and not too expensive and easily turn into buggy for toddler. Have a look on their website.
Pander what graco did you look at there are different types of ones, mine is light enough
Ivy F Posts: 2023
[quote="roxi84":5xgy88kt]BTW I had my heart set on an icandy until the girl in the shop went through it with me. Even though its their best seller she said anyone who spends hundreds on their buggies still come back to them once the child is 2-3 to get a light handy stroller.[/quote:5xgy88kt] I'm also looking for a light buggy which is suitable for a newborn, as we won't have a car & will only have a small elevator. But I wouldn't have thought that a Graco would be any lighter than an iCandy...am I wrong? MacLaren is one of the lightest buggiest that you can get & they have a fabric carrycot which can be slotted onto the buggy for the first few months, but I saw one in the shop at the weekend (I live abroad but am pretty sure that they sell them in Ireland too), & something about it would make me hesitate putting a newborn in it - it seemed a bit too rickety. Once they're close to a year or so old, I probably wouldn't think twice about it. It's a pity that you can't just rent one of the sturdy prams/buggies for the first few months!!
Hi ladies, Ivyf it wasnt that the icandy was heavy at all its just an awful lot of money & come a yr or two down the line your in buying a stroller anyway. This was the point the shop assistant was making. Pander will have a look at the mammas & pappas range thanks, would also be interested to know what Graco you were looking at.
CCAF Posts: 502
As far as i remember it was the mosiac one. It was quite heave, especially for few weeks after birth.
Ah it has to be a different one, theres a graco stylus I think that was heavier, I test ran them all, this was the lightest,
PrincessLea Posts: 436
(And I just couldn't resist getting a word in!) Have you considered getting a second hand one? I was of the same opinion as you, didn't want to spend too much as I'll prob be getting a stroller in a year or so anyway. So decided to go second hand, got a top of the range travel system, the exact one, to the colour, that I'd had my heart set on, with all the extra bells and whistles, priced on the internet for €1400, paid €300... Am delighted with myself! :o0