Gran Canaria- Playa del cura- anyone been?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MRS H TO BE Posts: 1410
Hi all, as anyone been to this small resort before ? Myself & h2b booked a late deal for next week but am finding it hard to find reviews of this resort, its near peurto rico. If anyone who has been here or to peurto Rico has any recommendations of restaurants or bars to visit it would be appreciated. Cheers :D
puggles Posts: 110
Hi Betty H Oh god, that's a blast from the past. Sorry I haven't been there in a long time, but was there oh about 1996. Spent the first night there getting completely pissed as the place was still being built ie a building site that started very early in the morning, and we were like what have we got ourselves into! But, we had booked it at the last minute and it was accom on arrival so what can you expect. Our accom though was v high standard. We used the leave our keys in the reception and the guys there used to have great fun with us when we were picking them up. I can still remember our room no, it was 1112 and everytime we asked for this (with a lot of alcohol consumed) they would say 3112, yes? And we say no, 1112. Of course, it was only afterwards we realised they were saying 3 1's and 1 2!! I'm sorry for rambling, god, just sitting here with the memories rushing back. One of the last hols with the girls as hadn't met H2B then. We spent most of our nights in Puerto Rico, the shopping centre was where the main pubs and restaurants were and it was only around 5 mins by taxi. Not sure though if this is where most of them are now. But definitely, PR is on a very steep hill, lovely place though with the harbour/marina & quite a few things to do during the day as Puerto del Cura was still a site. Apologies for the rambling above, and sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks for sharing those memories puggles! :lol: :D Hopefully the resort is finished being built now! We'll prob head into peurto rico mostly anyway.
MarieB Posts: 556
Hi, check out the following sites for recommendations on what to do/where to eat out ect http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk http://www.holidaysuncovered.com HTH and enjoy your holidays. Wish we were heading off somewhere nice and hot. Totally fed up with the Irish weather.
Hi MarieB, thanks for those links, much appreciated. Looking forward to a bit of sun for a few days, fingers crossed anyway!