Gratin Potatoes and ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Picnic Posts: 921
Having gratin potatoes for dinner but don't know what to have with them. Any ideas?
autumbride Posts: 413
[quote:1hxby248]Having gratin potatoes for dinner but don't know what to have with them. Any ideas?[/quote:1hxby248] ok might sound like a stupid question but what is gratin potatoes?
survivor Posts: 2507
Roast veg, you'll have the oven on anyway. Buy a Schwartz Mediteranean mix to throw over the veg. Yum. Meat wise.....chicken. Buy two breasts with legs on and roast them too. V little work for you.
Picnic Posts: 921
It is potatoes sliced thinly and baked in the oven with milk and grated cheese - yummy.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
[quote:3154y4fe]ok might sound like a stupid question but what is gratin potatoes? [/quote:3154y4fe] Like potatoe slices cooked in creamy sauce with cheese on top I think? Sometime called potatoe "Dauphinoise"? (or something French that I can't spell!)
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
bacon sliced up and spinach bascially layer potatoes with spinach and bacon put layer of creme fraiche on top and grated cheese cook for 40ish minutes or use salmon both yumm
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
we're having mange tout, baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas & carrots and mash
shakira Posts: 277
Oh can i please come for dinner at yours I love gratin potatoes and you dont need to go to any trouble il just have the gratin potatoes with gratin potatoes, go on pleeeze its my b day
lopats Posts: 692
id go with the roast chicken idea myself yum yum love potato gratin yum we're having chicken stew
aylala Posts: 3673
My mammy is making my dinner for me :o)ll Do you all do a big shop every week or go the shops every day to get ingrediants - just wondering as I can never decide what I would want to eat for the week on a Saturday