Green Tea

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ame10 Posts: 209
Is it worth it? don't really like the taste but people are telling me to stick with it, that there are loads of benefits, can anyone fill me in?
Jawl Posts: 8881
I am taking green tea leaf extract capsules from the health shop along with some tonalin cla. I assume you are asking for weight loss? She also recommended drinking 2 cups a day of green tea. It is an anti oxidant and aids weight loss. It seems to be working so far, but it's coupled with a calorie controlled diet and exercise 4 times a week. But the proof will be in the pudding when I have my measurements/weight taken again in 2 weeks.
SpringChicken Posts: 666
Without this - [quote="Jawl":ubbuajsw]coupled with a calorie controlled diet and exercise 4 times a week.[/quote:ubbuajsw] Green Tea won't help you lose weight. I found it dehydrated by skin so stopped drinking it and now drink more water instead.
Chicken, I am also trying to drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day as well. Flush out the system totally :-) Also helps with hunger.
SpringChicken Posts: 666
[quote="Jawl":g8m5cky9]Chicken, I am also trying to drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day as well. Flush out the system totally :-) Also helps with hunger.[/quote:g8m5cky9] Apparently - a lot of the time when we feel hungry - we're actually thirsty.
MrsDarcy Posts: 805
btw...anyone tried the new green coffee (think its Nescafe)?? what's it like? been looking in the supermarket, cant seem to find it.
Yeah, I usually feel hungry about 4'ish in work, so I have a green tea then and another about 7 or 8'ish, my next 'hungry time'. In between I sip/gulp water. 9 times out of 10 I'm thirsty!