Grobags

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Positive2012 Posts: 481
Hi Everyone, can you put a newborn straight into a grow-bag or is there a certain age that you can start using them?
black pearl Posts: 3513
I thk DD was about 2-3 mths when she went in, only cos we got it as a prezzie, and I didnt know what they were before then :-8 I swaddled her for the first few weeks then gro bags, check on the sites they sell them from they might be like avail from 0-3mths and that way if they sell them that young you must be able to use them? xx
no2herewego Posts: 802
I think swadling is the best way to go in the first few weeks, I think dd was about 6 weeks when we started using a grow bag. She is 12 months now and I put the grow bag on the floor every night at bed time and she crawls into it, she knows it means bed time!
wifetob Posts: 936
I use the official gro bag brand. You can put newborns in them once they are over a certain weight. Check it on the label but think it s around 7 and a half pounds. Ds was in one from about 4 weeks. Dd is ib one since she was a few days old. I love them.
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
As far as I know they should be 10lbs before going in a Grobag. My boy still needs to be swaddled, we tried him in a Grobag and he kept waking. He is in a Wombie now. Loves it!
bobby2012 Posts: 644
Depends on the sleeping bag/brand you use, I'm sure you can find some that suit newborns. I would not swaddle a baby regardless of age, but to each their own. You can put a blanket over a newborn no problem. For the first little while they hardly move so there's practically zero risk of them becoming tangled in it in any way.
wifetob Posts: 936
http://gro.co.uk/grobag-baby-sleep-bags ... den-grobag Sorry it s from 8 lbs 8 oz.
Positive2012 Posts: 481
Thanks Girls :)
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
Both my girls were in grobags in their first week. They're brilliant!
kaifer Posts: 236
My first 2 kids were born in Germany and the hospitals there use Grobags instead of blankets, they were both put it straight from birth.