Growing Pains Vs. Pain???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

adelz Posts: 3088
HI everybody, I hope we are all well today. I would really like if I could get some help from you all on this. Every little twinge I notice and some stay and some go. So with your help Id really like if we could make a list of what seems to be the norm for growing pains Vs. real pains that you need looked at. Like this morn Ive got up and Ive a stitch like pain half way between my hip and rib cage on my left side. Its not sore but I know its there! Im putting it down to growing pains but would love to hear if anybody else has experienced this or what you have experienced? Thanks all :wv
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
Sometimes when I stand up from sitting I get stitches in my side just to the side of my hip bone.. I've put that down to round ligament stretching pains.. Anyone else get this??
Christmasmammy Posts: 120
Or when u sneeze or cough... That sharp pain in your groin.... Hurts everytime :o(
oh yeah i get that too V uncomfy :(
MrsB2011 Posts: 271
I get that one too. Same as when I laugh. I also have almost a constant ache on my left side just at my bra strap. Went to an Osteopath during the week and was told my 9th rib has separated (presumably from whatever it used to be attached too!). Not at all serious and it should heal in time. It's just cos eveything softens due to the hormones. God the things they don't tell you about pregnancy!
Very very true the things they dont tell you about pregnancy!!!!! Nobody tells you about all these niggly pains you can expect etc etc :o0
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i hate the sneezing pain! oh goodness its awful! always afraid something has broken after! when i laughed the other eve, i got the side ligament pain, im always getting it on right side, not worried bout it cause its been there since the beginning! not getting much other pains at mo, jsut lots of tightening feelings, but feels like a correct pain if you get me!
I havent experienced this pain when I laugh or sneeze yet, so if I do Im glad to know it is normal :-8 Ive been reading through posts and the stitch on my side seems quite common too and is due to stretching, aren't these forums really great
I've been having trouble with SPD too, its where the pubic bones starts to separate at the front thanks to the hormone relaxin.. Anyhoo was getting out of bed the other day put my weight on my left leg and there was the most unmerciful POP, it was that gross it wakened my DH. But amazingly it has helped the pain from the SPD,my doc told me this evening that the joint most likely righted itself and thats what the POP was.. Ewww. So horrible and painful too :(
babybambino Posts: 940
I go through stages where I have a pain in my ribs on the left low down, especially if someone makes me laugh. I'm guessing it's because my ribs have stretched. I also get the ligament pains in various places. One evening I had a very very bad pain in my tummy, so bad I actually rang the coombe, they weren't worried as long as the pains weren't coming and going like contractions. It turned out to be pain from constipation, I haven't let that happen since.