Growth scan in early pregnancy should i be worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

here we go again Posts: 14
I went for a early reassurrance scan yesterday. I was suppose to be 7wks based on lmp. The midwife said my bladder was too full and made me empty it. she decided to do a vaginal scan and said my bladder was still full making it hard to see. She found the baby but it was attached to my uterus and she said she couldnt get a date on it but it seemed smaller for my dates. There was a :lvs She told me to come back for a growth scan in 2 weeks which seems an eternity. After a previous mc I am fearing the worst. Has anyone else had to go back for a growth scan and everything been alright. I would appreciate any replies.
Tassie Posts: 34
I have no experience of a growth scan but just wanted to say the fact that she could see a heartbeat is reassuring and try to relax until your next appointment. good luck
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Dates aren't always accurate as not many of us have a perfect 28 day cycle. On DS when I went for my scan I should have been 10 weeks 5 but scan showed I was only 9 weeks 2. There was nothing to worry about and they just moved my due date back. I'm sure you will be fine :xox
PaniniRoses Posts: 3628
As of today, I've been given my third edd for this pregnancy! The fact that you got a heartbeat is a huge thing, the chances of miscarriage diminish greatly once you see that. I had to wait the two weeks for a rescan, but it will pass quickly enough and you'll find ways to keep yourself occupied. I know it's really hard, but try not to worry too much, if nothing else, the stress won't do either of you any good. :action32