Grr..Quick rant about guests

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Angel! Posts: 1494
Just a quick rant here... We have 20 rooms booked in hotel. We have 18 filled. As the invites are going out tomorrow, we need to let hotel know this weekend who the 20 rooms are for. I texted my Mum to see if she could suggest who I should offer the spare 2 rooms to. She texts me back to say she's just had lunch with her friend, who was going to ring the castle today anyway to book a room. I told her that she can't just ring up and book a room. The castle will tell her that there's none available, as I haven't given them the list yet. So my mum texts me back to say Can they have the room or not? Is she not on your list? WTF????? Why would she be on my list? It's immediate family and close friends first... This is a friend of my Mum's that she sees once in a while. I've met her maybe twice in the last 5 years !!! I told my Mum I'd get back to her, and there'll be a list of B&Bs in with the invites. How can people be so presumptuous (sp) that they think they can ring up and be part of the Mr & Mrs Bokkie wedding party, without being asked ???? They haven't even got their invite yet... Ok, I feel better now. Much calmer. :o0 I totally over-reacted, but needed to get it out Anyone else having problems with politics and parents ???
Mama2 Posts: 1230
Politics and parents - don't get me started! Apparently our wedding isn't actually our wedding it's "a family occasion". Don't get me started!
jolo Posts: 31
So hear ya! We have limited numbers due to the size of the hotel, which is well know by all, and the family list keeps growing.... And the attitute is "well, can X not come because it would make your mother so happy...." that is so hard to say no too but when it means you have to relegate some friends to evening invites it gets very hard! I feel a frank and open conversation (ie argument!) brewing! Sorry not much help, just a rant of my own!
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
Oh the famous 20 rooms in Kilkea! They'd drive you nuts wouldn't they!
s wife Posts: 1445
what is it with parents my mam has just informed me of xyz want rooms but what i want to do is book the wedding party in and let the rest sort themselves out(first come and all that) i dont i could handle the stress of dealing with everyones rooms am i been selfish O:|
[quote="manda":13w6zrhc]what is it with parents my mam has just informed me of xyz want rooms but what i want to do is book the wedding party in and let the rest sort themselves out(first come and all that) i dont i could handle the stress of dealing with everyones rooms am i been selfish O:|[/quote:13w6zrhc] Not at all... I've just had argument with my Mum. She informed me that her friend did not want to stay in a B&B. She wanted to stay in hotel. I told my Mum that it was our wedding, and our friends would get preference. Sorry. Grrrr. It makes me so mad how people think they're entitled to stay in hotel. Mum rang me there and said that apparently they rang hotel and were able to book a room for night, without mentioning our wedding. But the hotel had told me that all the other rooms were gone. Aaaaahhhhhh O:| Now I'm annoyed cause I said no to them having a room, they got one anyway, and will be swanning around the place O:| :o0
Grace Ann Posts: 2464
so do they get one of the 20 rooms? do they get the wedding discount? that would drive me nuts too.
.... Posts: 667
[quote="Grace Ann":1fec9uth]so do they get one of the 20 rooms? do they get the wedding discount? that would drive me nuts too.[/quote:1fec9uth] I rang the hotel. They didn't get one of the 20 rooms. But I was told that all the other rooms were already booked. So I don't know what's going on. What a hassle. That's it now. I don't want to hear about anyone else. Just the cheek like. They haven't even got their invite yet. And the B&Bs aren't good enough for them??? Not letting it get to me too much. I'm still on a high today :o)ll
ANAIS21 Posts: 2401
[quote="jejum":gdokq5s7]Politics and parents - don't get me started! Apparently our wedding isn't actually our wedding it's "a family occasion". Don't get me started![/quote:gdokq5s7][list:gdokq5s7] Couldn't have said it better myself... :o0 :o0 :o0 [/list:u:gdokq5s7]