grrr inlaws!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newyorkbaby Posts: 353
My OH's mother was full of information for me today O:| first one was that i should never have flown to spain last week cause a girl in the pub!!!!! on sat night said the doc told her she couldnt. so she knows better than the coombe does she? and when telling someone else something she called me her daughter inlaw [fine by me we've been together 10 years] but she went red saying it was too complicated to try to explain to this person[complicated being pregant after years, we live togther how is it complicated???] when really we both knew it was because im pregnant and not married :eek it's 2009 woman get with it :o0 last one was i have to stop wearing heels ok i realise when i have a bump ill be off balance but on top of everything else today that was the final straw.
Emme Posts: 4735
[quote="newyorkbaby":uzbmj3a2] last one was i have to stop wearing heels ok i realise when i have a bump ill be off balance but on top of everything else today that was the final straw.[/quote:uzbmj3a2] Yup, getting this from my mother and mother AND father in law!! Worse part is I'm proving them right with my little tumbles but it's nothing to do with the heels! Last time I fell I didn't even want to tell them but MIL noticed mark on my nose and DH blabbed!
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
laugh it off hun only thing you can do, dont let it get to you x
nickie Posts: 157
Hi Newyorkbaby, Sorry to hear she's driving ya nuts. I've had my fill of in laws interfering lately so i know how ur feeling. Wouldn't it be great to tell her to go away and have a flying f*** for herself. >:o) Not very practical advice i know but hey wouldn't it b nice :-8
newyorkbaby Posts: 353
Im noramlly great at biting my tongue with her but have been very ratty all weekend must be the hormones kicking in :-8 I think its just because my mam is so easy going she never interfers unless u ask for advice so for someone to tell me[a week after im home] i was just like :eek thats very helpful thank you. oh just laugh's at her saying ah thats just me ma dont take notice, he thinks it's gas that he's the last of 7 and he was the first to have a baby not being married so he knows it's killing her :o0
Oh i'd be evil and mention it as often as possible to her bout having a child out of wedlock and get right up her nose >:o) It can get a bit annoying when oh just takes it with a grain of salt, i have had many a cross word wit dh for doin likewise, but its very true most of it is hormones :-8 what is it they say this too shall pass :wv
contented Posts: 2625
Nickie I'm glad to see your inner evil is finally coming out !!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
Thanks Contented :wv I feel like ive got my mojo back :o)ll :o)ll Its getting easier, ive all you guys to thank for that :o0 :o0