Grrrrr brown spotting!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Plus1makes4 Posts: 721
Thank god the red has been replaced by brown but when will it end! It went super light but today it's quite a bit! It's so unnerving!! Has well as the spotting I kind of have little stringy bits coming out, like little pieces of thread, sorry girls I know this is TMI but I don't have anyone else to ask :(
oldlangsayne Posts: 448
You're having a tough time of it. I would say as long as you have no cramping and especially when its brown that you're ok. good luck.
UsineBB Posts: 112
Ah [email protected] Plus1 sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to your doctor? The fact that it's brown is definitely much better than the bright red, I hope it's just the tail end of the previous bleed. Take it easy missus.
Doozer28 Posts: 881
I had brown spotting on my last pregnancy & it too was quite stringy, I used get it heavy enough in the morning & it would lighten as the day went on, gone before/just after lunch but back again the next morning. It lasted about a week for me.
harriet Posts: 122
I'm sorry I don't know your history but have you been checked for polyps? I had some bleeding through my first pregnancy and one morning it happened after I fell on ice so went straight to my consultant and he had a look and found a polyp that had been causing the bleeding and subsequent brown spotting and removed it there and then. Totally healthy and happy pregnancy, just the odd bit of bother from the polyps which went of their own accord.
Thanks girls, I have my first app in 2 weeks, it literally can't not come quick enough!! It hasn't been an easy few weeks and it's only just the start, long way to go yet :( No cramping just the usual stretching pains so I suppose everything is looking good, I just need to relax (deep breaths)!!!
Gleann Posts: 13
Plus1makes4, my advice would be to go to your GP, just for reassurance. 2 weeks is a long time to wait. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago and went to the GP who sent me straight to hospital for a scan. I had been considering a private scan (as I wasn't due to get my first one until Feb) so was glad to get the one done then. Very best wishes for your pregnancy.
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Plus1makes4, I had some brown spotting around week 9, this is an IVF baby so I am still with my consultant she told me come straight in for a scan, baby was perfect but the was blood in my uterus. She put me on Pregnyl (normally used as a trigger shot to help with ovulation) but the HCG in the drug seems to have helped, I am also on Progesterone supports and some other meds. I had a scan Thursday and all seemed fien with the baby I am Pregnyl for another few weeks.
Thanks girls, it's really eased off. Rotunda is next Monday for first app! Very nervous to say the least, worst case is running through my head 2 days before Xmas. Still feeling a bit sick with ms so hopefully a good sign!! Fingers crossed :)
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Plus1makes4, thrilled the spotting has eased off! I hope the time to the next scan flies by. Is it Monday week? If your find that just too far away to wait you could get HCG blood levels checks to reassure you till scan! Very Very best of luck!