Guessing the length of best mans speech

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Our table names are our favourite movies and for fun we are putting a copy of that movie on the table and whoever can guess the length of the best mans speech will win it. I need to put instructions and a little card so the times can be filled in but not sure how to word. Any poetic wollies out there that could suggest a line or two? Thanks
shellym12 Posts: 184
Some girls I know got betting slips from either Paddy Power or Boyle Sports.....They do them now for weddings - might be an idea?
maryalice1 Posts: 268
http://content.paddypower.com/weddingsw ... /index.php I got the slips for a friend of mine and they went down a treat.
highbeam Posts: 2578
Thats a good idea. Im not great at poems...heres my attempt.... Ladies and Gents To win the prize of our favourite flick Just place your bets. Top prize goes to who can predict How long the best man speech is. P.S. nothing rhymes with film :o0 I think SmileyKaz and NittyGritty have written some pretty good poems about things, you could try asking them to help out.
I had considered Paddy Power but wanted to link it with the movie theme too. Highbeam that is really good!
Brideonabudget2012 Posts: 231
I didnt really understand what you meant when you said you were putting a copy of the money on the table, im half asleep though, but would this work, i could try change some wording to include the prize but im not sure what you mean. So you think you can guess the length of the best mans speech, Well lets see if the prize is within your reach, This is the way the bets should go, You will each put your guess on a seperate row, So lets see which one of you could be the winner, And get placing your bets after your dinner!
[quote="Brideonabudget2012":2a181sk8]I didnt really understand what you meant when you said you were putting a copy of the money on the table, im half asleep though, but would this work, i could try change some wording to include the prize but im not sure what you mean. So you think you can guess the length of the best mans speech, Well lets see if the prize is within your reach, This is the way the bets should go, You will each put your guess on a seperate row, So lets see which one of you could be the winner, And get placing your bets after your dinner![/quote:2a181sk8] Very good, amazes me how some people can be so creative :o0 The prize is the movie, if they want to bet separately with cash that's their business - we're only doing this for fun and to tie in the theme of the table names.
Brideonabudget2012 Posts: 231
Haha i read money instead of movie lol, how about this one. So the time has come to place your bets, The movie on the table is what you'll get, The best mans speech, How long will it be, 10 mins 20 mins or possibly 3. The choice is yours, you never know, So get placing your bets and give it a go.
[quote="Brideonabudget2012":2yopv5b2]Haha i read money instead of movie lol, how about this one. So the time has come to place your bets, The movie on the table is what you'll get, The best mans speech, How long will it be, 10 mins 20 mins or possibly 3. The choice is yours, you never know, So get placing your bets and give it a go.[/quote:2yopv5b2] Sold to brideonabudget - love this one! Thanks again
the farmer wants a wife Posts: 334
[quote="Brideonabudget2012":2lzd2mq9]Haha i read money instead of movie lol, how about this one. So the time has come to place your bets, The movie on the table is what you'll get, The best mans speech, How long will it be, 10 mins 20 mins or possibly 3. The choice is yours, you never know, So get placing your bets and give it a go.[/quote:2lzd2mq9] very good :) great idea daisy row