Guests' names on invitations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsJPM2be Posts: 257
Can I ask for your opinion on putting guests' names on the invitations... I have designed and am making my invitations myself and they are flat cards, totally printed - no stick on bits etc. I was just going to print the guests names on the invitations and do each one individually but googling tonight I see that it is proper etiquette to hand write the invitations to give them a personal touch. I don't particularly want them calligraphed because its not in keeping with the style of the invite but H2B says my own handwriting isn't right for them either (I disagree a little but that's besides the point!). I don't really know anyone whose writing I think would do. So... do you think it is rude to print the names and should they definitely be hand written? Thanks :wv
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Nope it's not rude, if someone takes offence at that they really have little to be worrying about!!
pollyb Posts: 66
I'm planning on printing mine on too and have received invitations in the past with my name printed on them and it never occured to me at all that it was rude. Just my opinion but i don't think there's anything wrong with printing them.....
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
i wouldnt think it rude if got a printed invitation.. f all the invitations i have gotten over the years, couldnt tell you if they were printed or handwritten!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
our invites has the guests names printed on them. i think they looked beautiful much better that had written. we also had labels on the envelopes another no-no! it all depends on how well they are done! go for it! i can send you a pic if youd like?
luckyladee Posts: 2550
I certainly wouldn't be offended.....
Oh girls thank you so much for the reassurance and the quick replies!! I'm so glad I can go ahead. The great thing about printing only is that I'm flying through them. I started at 6.15pm this evening and will hopefully be finished before bedtime. Famous last words eh!? NYEbride2010 I'd love love love to see a pic. Thanks
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
just sent ya a pic
Thanks NYEbride2010, it looks beautiful!
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey, I hadn't heard of that before but i did read that the names and addresses on the envelopes should be hand written :ooh I wouldn't really blink an eye if my name was printed :wv