Gym Classes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Hi Girls I'm only 5 weeks gone and I was wondering what exercise is safe to do? I'm a regular gym goer about 5 times a week and run 10k runs weekly too. The thing is whats safe when you are pregnant? My friend wants me to go to a light aerobic class - mostly shadow boxing your arms and some streching... would this be ok or should I make an excuse?
Jeidi Posts: 3128
This mighn't be much help, but didnt Nell McAndrew keep up her jogging when she was pregnant? Manybe just ask your doc - he knows your history better than anyone. I'm only going to stick to the walking and swimming all going well.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Thanks Jedi I cancelled just in case :) and I've had no energy in the eveings for the last few nights. I'm better to be safe than sorry for now. I think you all know me more than my doc :o0 for now anyway
honeybee Posts: 624
I did cardio cycle classes up until 30weeks twice a week the class was perfect would be still doing them only my ass is too big for the bike :o0 . They certainly recommend swimming as your whole body is supported. Also speak to one of the trainers at the gym and they will tell you which machines are safe and what isnt.