gymball

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

alton Posts: 3077
I was going to get one of these to bounce around on (thought I could pretend it was a space hopper) Are the ones in Argos ok?
oh and if anyone has any tips or exercise suggestions for what to do when I get tired of pretending it's a space hopper :o)ll , I'd be very grateful too.
fannyadams Posts: 110
Ladies, pardon the silly question. why do women use the gym ball when pregnant? what is the benefit of it. thanks
Florrie06 Posts: 316
Yep, the ones in Argos are fine, I have that one and it's a good big size which is crucial if you are tall. The benefits of them are mainly for your back. When sitting on them you are forced to sit in the correct position for your posture and therefore helps to prevent any back pain. I used to slouch on the couch in front of the TV and my back would be killing me so use to sit on the gymball instead. Also used one during labour, I never thought to bring my own one with me but hospital provided one. Just sat and bounced on it while leaning across the bad and it was way more comfortable than being on the bed.
Thanks Florrie. I picked one up at lunchtime so going to give it a go this evening. I'll probably be back to slouching on the sofa again in about 5 minutes.
Thanks Florrie. I picked one up at lunchtime so going to give it a go this evening. I'll probably be back to slouching on the sofa again in about 5 minutes.