Gynaes in Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

womble Posts: 70
Hi All, Just had PG confirmed by Doc yesterday and EDD July 23rd....can't believe it still!! Now don't know what I'm suppossed to do next. Doc says if I want to go private to contact Gynae - she gave me a list of names. Just wondering if anyone could recommend one in Galway? Tks O-O
dpotter Posts: 179
big congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll we were public as were told there was no difference only expense and i had a long stay in hospital too and everyone was just lovely, my consultant was Fiona Cullinane
dpotter Posts: 179
big congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll we were public as were told there was no difference only expense and i had a long stay in hospital too and everyone was just lovely, my consultant was Fiona Cullinane
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Congrats Womble. I am going public in Galway under Dr. Gubara. He is a really lovely man. I met him at my 2nd appointment. And told him that I was a little worried that at my 1st appointment the baby was 10 days behind for the dates. He booked me in for a scan straight away at my next appointment. Could not fault the public service in Galway at all. All the best.
lacey2 Posts: 641
I went public in galway last november and the service was excellent , i was under Dr. O Conner , everyone was realy helpful and i will defineltly go public again (hopefully) , you should bear in mind too that you might not get a private room if the numbers are high when you go into labour,,,
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Even though you have only found out that you are pregnant it could be too late to go private. If you go public your GP just sends in a letter to the hospital and the consultant that you will be under is decided by them. Hope this helps.
belle1 Posts: 189
Hi Womble, I decided to go private in Galway, like you i got a list of numbers and rang them straight away, ( only last week ). A few of them aren't taking on any patients in July, they're prob on hols, but i did manage to get Dr Declan Egan and Fiona Cullinane. The secretary explained i'd be under their combined care. So i just got my GP to write them a letter. I'd do it quickly if you want to go private. :wv
jenny s Posts: 151
Had O connor first and he was only okay - very much "going through the motions I felt" but still a nice doctor. Went under Morrisson 2nd time around and I think his bedside manner is appauling TBH - even had a chat with the midwives during labour and they didnt have a whole pile of respect for his manner either. Having said that he is the prof and is very well regarded as an OB - that stands for something. This time Im under Fiona Cullinane and all I can say she is a proper sweetheart, such a lovely caring sincere person and IMO has a special interest in not only the baby and pregnancy but in Mum herself. I was only up there today and even to see how she treats the junior docs and midwives is a breath of fresh air up there. As I was having my bloods taken I had 3 midwives telling me how lucky I am to be under her and she is by the far the favourite for both patients and staff alike! However as far as Im aware she doesnt run a private clinic. I have always gone public in Galway - it is an excellent maternity unit. For my own reasons I would personally not go near R Egan with a barge pole - his track record leaves much to be desired. Just my belief Goodluck with the next exciting few months! xx