H&M Maternity sizes advice please!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweetmum Posts: 2146
Hi ladies I am wondering if anyone can help me with ordering from H&M online and their sizing I am 20 weeks pregnant with twins and haven't a clue what size to order! I am usually a size 10-12 but my bump is huge(look around 30 weeks!),so have alot of growing to do yet! These are the guidelines on ordering online but would love how you found them! Maternity 1-3 months Use your pre-pregnancy size 4-6 months Size up 1 size 7-9 months Size up 1-2 sizes I was just wondering whether to order the size 14-16 or 18-20? I hate these dual sizes as it's so hard to know what will fit you! I don't want to have order bigger size later as maternity clothes are such a waste of money! What are their sizing like? I was thinking of ordering a few tunics with leggings.I don't mind them being a little on the large size for a few weeks,as long as they aren't like tents :o0 Any advice Thanks :thnk
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
hey I got jeans in H&M on my last pregnancy when i was 18 weeks, Im normally a size 10, and had to buy the size 14. and the thighs were extremely tight, Im wearing them today, and im only 13 weeks and they are comfy. Have you a H&M near you that you could go and try one some, instead of buying on line, I got another pair in mothercare and got the size 12 and found them to be a better fit! HTH :wv
Elphaba Posts: 741
worst thing is a lot of maternity wear in H&M is S,M,L,XL too. Their maternity leggings are very long, I was a 14 and got a L and ended up buying a M too in the leggings. Top wise I have a mix of L and M depending on the actual top, but they do have some lovely tops that are long enough to be worn over leggings like a tunic.
Wannabamama Posts: 481
[quote="mammymcphee":3dltzc4a] I got jeans in H&M on my last pregnancy when i was 18 weeks, Im normally a size 10, and had to buy the size 14. and the thighs were extremely tight, HTH :wv[/quote:3dltzc4a] Like mammymcphee said, they are very small fitting. Im also a 10 and had to get a 14, now the ones I have are very tight over the bump skinny jeans, a frined of mine gave me a pair of under the bump straight leg jeans and these are also a 14 but I have the waist pulled in as far as they will go and they are baggy around the bum and thighs. The size really depends on the style.
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
i bought a few tops in there, my pre-pregnancy size would be 12-14, so up to about 24wks i got away with their M, but since then im in their L size. They say their large is 18-20, but theres no way it is! But i have one shirt that seems way bigger than all the others i have but its a L too, so its hard to know really.
Autumn Mama Posts: 750
I had a bit of a H and M mama splurge last week and bought jeans, a couple of jumpers and a few tops. I'm 18 weeks pregnant now. I'm usually a size 10 and I got the jeans in a size 12- they fit really well compared to other maternity jeans I had tried on. In the tops I got a size 10 or 12 depending on the fit. I hope to still fit in them all by the end but realistically who knows!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="mammymcphee":3tvhdlgd] I got jeans in H&M on my last pregnancy when i was 18 weeks, Im normally a size 10, and had to buy the size 14. and the thighs were extremely tight, [/quote:3tvhdlgd] I am usually 14 but I got chinos in H&M at the weekend in a size 18. I would have got away with the 16, but I figured if I got the 18 they would fit that bit longer. [quote="boodlesdoodles":3tvhdlgd]i bought a few tops in there, my pre-pregnancy size would be 12-14, so up to about 24wks i got away with their M, but since then im in their L size. They say their large is 18-20, but theres no way it is! But i have one shirt that seems way bigger than all the others i have but its a L too, so its hard to know really.[/quote:3tvhdlgd] Likewise with the tops too, my boobs are massive so I was getting some tops in XL to be on the safe side, but for one top the XL looked so big I went with the L and it's fine. I think it's best to try them if you can, I know it's annoying but it's so worth it to get proper fitting clothes! I got a pair of Red Herring maternity jeans in Debenhams, size 14 and they are a little loose on me.
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
Thanks a million girls for all your replies :thnk :thnk Unfortunately my local H&M don't have a maternity section so I think I will chance the large size and see how it fits!
sept2012bride Posts: 218
they have great maternity wear i have to say but there sizes are all over the shop. I was a 14-16 before i got pregnant and found i had to buy a size 20 in their 3/4 length combats but was able to get size 16 jeans in next! just be careful of the sizes.