H2B and Groomsmens ties!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride1975 Posts: 214
I have found ties that match my bridesmaid dress exactly and i'm delighted with them. but not sure who wears them? does my H2B wear the matching tie and his groomsmen a different colour? or do they all wear the same tie? or do his groomsmen wear the matching tie and H2B wear a different tie? whats the norm, i'm confused!! Thanks :thnk
Twirler Posts: 1644
I plan on having the best man and groomsman matching the bridesmaids and my h2b in ivory to match me.
nea dude Posts: 749
I had groomsmen matching bridesmades and Hubbie wore a complete suit with a neck thing that matched his suit. It didn't stand out because he had the waist coat and another thing all matching. I forget the names for all these accessories!!
NemoFish Posts: 2501
I'm gonna have H2B matching me, and other guys matching the BM's (am actually gonna get their ties made from nasty jackets that came with BM dresses! Same material and colour!)
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Twirler":2rwdojmn]I plan on having the best man and groomsman matching the bridesmaids and my h2b in ivory to match me.[/quote:2rwdojmn] Me too!
mrsmay08 Posts: 367
[quote="Twirler":2z52pnbl]I plan on having the best man and groomsman matching the bridesmaids and my h2b in ivory to match me.[/quote:2z52pnbl] this is what we had as well, the pageboy had an ivory tie also to match dh
barley Posts: 858
We plan on our GM matching the BMs and H2B matching my ivory dress but can't get hold of an ivory tie to save my life. We bought his suit rather than hiring it so it doesn't come with one. Anyone know where to get the ivory ties (not cravat)?
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Not sure if the lads are going to have ties or cravats yet, but either way my h2b will be wearing an ivory tie/cravat and the groomsmen will be matching my bridesmaids.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="Barley":1oj7r622]We plan on our GM matching the BMs and H2B matching my ivory dress but can't get hold of an ivory tie to save my life. We bought his suit rather than hiring it so it doesn't come with one. Anyone know where to get the ivory ties (not cravat)?[/quote:1oj7r622] Debenhams do a great selection of ties. Or have you tried Tie Rack?
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Barley if your dress is too long or needs to be altered would the dressmaker be able to make a tie out of the material left off your dress? I got a shawl thing with mine and using that to make cravat for h2b.