H2b and Make-up

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
He's doing my tree in! Moans all the time about me wearing make-up!!
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
do you wear alot????
forsure Posts: 282
Does he think you look nicer without it? Himself always says that to me and im like ehhhh are you blind!
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
:yelrotflmaosmilie: Sorry I thought it was about ur h2b wearing too much slap and I was like omg So do you wear aloe? I have cut down on the heavy face unless I'm going out and try to keep it simple and fresh faced every other time, its amazing you use as much slap trying to be au natural!
cosmicgirl Posts: 343
I hate this. I know of a girl who's H2B basically forbids her from wearing make-up and has since we were teenagers. Personally I wouldn't be lectured to by my partner about wearing make-up. I'm an adult and I'll make my own decisions. I don't wear make-up every day but if I wanted to cake myself in it and paint myself orange its my decision. I would be thinking this is just the start of it...will he be telling me how to dress next, and how to clean the house, and how I should behave when I'm around people!?!?!? I don't think so buddy!!! Now don't get me wrong I understand most men prefer their partners without make-up but when it becomes an issue where a b/f is actually upsetting you about it I think you need to nip it in the bud. :wv
Laila1 Posts: 640
My fella prefers me without as well...madness I think, cos I really dont wear a lot and think I am pretty good at applying - never caked!
[quote="sugarandspice":a1fi6kbi]do you wear alot????[/quote:a1fi6kbi] No don't wear alot. Don't even wear it everyday. Mostly just a little foundation & mascara. Then I'd add blusher & eyeshadow on night out. H2b doesn't think I need it, but I like a little if I'm going somewhere!
[quote="cosmicgirl":35zd4aac]I hate this. I know of a girl who's H2B basically forbids her from wearing make-up and has since we were teenagers. Personally I wouldn't be lectured to by my partner about wearing make-up. I'm an adult and I'll make my own decisions. I don't wear make-up every day but if I wanted to cake myself in it and paint myself orange its my decision. I would be thinking this is just the start of it...will he be telling me how to dress next, and how to clean the house, and how I should behave when I'm around people!?!?!? I don't think so buddy!!! Now don't get me wrong I understand most men prefer their partners without make-up but when it becomes an issue where a b/f is actually upsetting you about it I think you need to nip it in the bud. :wv[/quote:35zd4aac] agree with everything you said. Actually read it out to h2b. Would understand a little if I did cake myself, but I would be a minimalist with make-up, and would have always thought that my make-up was nice, I'm now questioning that!!! :weep
Laila1 Posts: 640
Yea, some lads are a bit funny about other guys checking their woman out and maybe thats it!
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
My OH always says he prefers me without make-up as well, I think a lot of guys have a hang-up about us being "natural" around them. You know, in case we might be hiding giant warts or a facial tattoo that marks us out as a gang-member or something :o0 :o0 :o0 But he'd never tell me not to wear it - I've told him I like how it looks on me, and that I in fact need it to look put-together for work (a guy wouldn't go into a meeting without having a shave and wearing a tie, would he??) And when he catches me power walking down the stairs in my suit and with my full face on he'll say "you are gorgeous". Now, he tells me I'm gorgeous without the make-up as well, but I have evidence that he doesn't HATE the make-up. PS I'm another one who thought from the subject heading that your H2B had been wearing your make-up :o0