h2b doing head in

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hi all wee bit of a moan ahead I emailed hotel this eve for confirmation on a few prices.anyway came back with 80guests rather than 110 guests as we had asked for when first met.h2b panicking now that they will only let us have 80 ppl rather than org 110.Also 1st manager said 3e for sashes and now they are saying 5e.Also they asked did we want a band on fri night(night b4 wedding) h2b went mad saying we not paying for a band etc they should be paying for one.then he started saying hope we have wedding insurance and going they very cheeky and generally just giving out about hotel.It was his choice this place to get married.I do start panicking listening to him
This Little Piggy Posts: 238
Hi, I understand your H2B's concern but I wouldn't panic! You had agreed on the 110 people so you have a contract with the hotel that they must uphold, I would also state to them that 3euro was the agreed price you had with them for the sashes and that you are not willing to pay 5 euro each so you will have to do without them- see what they say then. Does a band normally play in the hotel on a Friday?
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
Does the hotel have the capacity for 110? If so then there shouldn't be a problem. Maybe the person who emailed you this eve doesn't have all the details the 1st manager had - tell them you had agreed 3yoyo for sashes. Hotels don't need final numbers until a couple of days before the wedding. As you are all staying there the night before maybe they were just offering you some entertainment if you wanted - all you need to say here is 'No thanks, we don't require a band on Friday' and that's that sorted - that's not a big deal - the hotel would possibly make more money with the bar etc so maybe through it out there. There is on need for panic here - just email them back asking to clarify things. Maybe your h2b has had a bad day at work or is tired - I know mine gets very cranky and cynical when he is tired and I could be fit to strangle him! Get yourself a glass of wine and watch Greys Anatomy & Desperate Housewives (if they are your shows!) or something similar to relax yourself.
i think there is a band normally.I think they were just chancing their arm to see did we want a particular band to play.I just said ill get back to you on sashes as we hadnt budgeted for that amount.
Good woman! It is a bit odd that they asked about the band especially if there is a band playing there normally but I wouldn't read into it too much. As fmh62 says your H2B is probably just not in great form this evening and of course that makes you feel a bit negative too. Take her advice and relax for the evening and see what the hotel come back with tomorrow x
thanks a mill.I try not to get stressed but he just winds me up.On plus side ordered my dress today
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
[quote="Snuddlums":2kbv2qxx]I just said ill get back to you on sashes as we hadnt budgeted for that amount.[/quote:2kbv2qxx] Just tell them straight that you were quoted 3 and not 5yoyo's - I have had suppliers give me one quote and then another higher one when confirming but when I have mentioned this they have all held the original lower quote. Congrats on ordering your dress - you should be over the moon - give your h2b an earful telling him that his cranky mood is ruining the fact that you ordered your dress 2day :compress :compress :compress :compress :compress :compress :compress [size=85:2kbv2qxx]P.S. only joking about the earful thing but you know what i mean.[/size:2kbv2qxx]
That's great news about your dress! You should be enjoying your moment :)