Had a fall

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
We were away in Bantry for the last few days and I had a fall. It was so stupid I basically went to go down a step but I didnt' notice the path was all broken and I twisted my ankle. The step was really high and as I went over on my ankle put out my arms in front of me and tried to fall the opposite side (ifykwim). I sort of landed really hard on my right knee and on my left arm, which I folded to keep me up high. I don't think I fell on my belly but god did I get a scare. I've been feeling what I think are kicks yesterday. They are down low, almost like the baby is kicking my bladder, and I nearly feel like I've to go to the loo when it happens. Thank god I was wearing walking boots coz if I had been wearing the flip flops I had on earlier I would have broken my ankle. Anyway just thought I'd share that with you. I don't think there's a need to go to the doctor. DH says I didn't fall on my belly at all, that my arms held me up. On a different, much happier note I was at teh doctor last week for a checkup. We got on great. Heartbeat is loud and clear and doc says baby is doing great. I have low blood pressure so I have to put salt on my food and drink loads of water. It's strange coz I've been craving salty snacks. Ha ha
NotHere Posts: 10273
You poor thing, a fall is scary. If baby is kicking then everything is ok. But if you are worried in anyway then why don't you pop to your GP for a visit and get the heartbeat checked again? I'm visiting my own GP as much as my consultant, it's nice to have a visit in between my main appointments, and its free. Use and abuse while you can :o0
Sphynx Posts: 6795
You must have gotten an awful fright! I fell on the way down to yoga the other night - put my hands out too so just grazed my shin badly. Have noticed I am very clumsy and DH nearly died when I almost slipped off the kerb there the other evening on a busy road. Yoga teacher was saying it's probably because our centre of gravity has changed that we're kind of unsteady on our feet - so worth taking things extra slow when we're out and about!
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:d1tukzff]Oh you must have gotten an awful fright!! You poor pet!! I was told as long as you feel kicks every thing is honkey dorey!!! So I'm sure everything is coolie boolie with the baby!!! If it's on your mind though and you're worried give your doctor a ring!! I've been getting those downward kicks lately myself and they're so strong and each one takes me by surprise!!![/color:d1tukzff]
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
You poor thing sounds like baby is fine,you protected him/her :lvs Take it easy and hope the bruises heal quick
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Thanks girls. I've had loads of the downward kicks today so that's a good sign :o)ll It was the fright that really got me. It happened so easily. I'm one of these eejits that imagines how much worse it could have been and I'll be terrified in case worst happens later on - Fecking eejit that I am. :-8
bellabella Posts: 2750
You poor pet, take it easy now and don't worry about babs he/she is well protected in there.