Had my first scan...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poppit Posts: 2042
Had my first scan yesterday and i have to say it was the most surreal experience of my life. I was at the hospital for 3 hours having various tests and chats with doc, midwife etc... Went with a full bladder and by the time it came for the scan, I was literally in agony and afraid to laugh incase i peed. Went in to have scan and at first doc couldn't see anything, which freaked me out so he told me to go empty my bladder as it was too full. Next attempt up pops babs, moving arms and legs all over the place. It was like he or she was dancing. It looks perfect, The legs are really long and doc commented that it is going to be a long baby. It measures 14cm :eek which seems alot longer than it should be at 12 weeks. My dates are correct tho and doc confirmed. Had to have an internal to check my cervix is closed cos they thought i would need cervical stitch due to having alot of biopsies and surgery in past. But thankfully cervix is looking good. Doc noticed some lesions tho and took a smear as I have had recurring precancerous lesions in past (CIN3 cells). Frightened me a little as she said she could not wait till after babs was born to do smear as if it is CIN cells, they become aggressive during pregnancy and that I can have another pregnancy but I cannot get another womb. wasnt really expecting any of that, so am just hoping it's cervical changes due to pregnancy and nothing else. Keep looking at photo with a huge smile on my face. :o)ll
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Whow poppit!!! What a tramatic and exciting experience all in one. I'm delighted you got to see your baby.. it is 8 cm's longer that what ours was at 12 weeks and our dates were right too!!! So maybe you'll be a big tall Rugby player or a sleek slender model!!!! Hope results all come back ok... be sure to let us know.
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Whow poppit!!! What a tramatic and exciting experience all in one. I'm delighted you got to see your baby.. it is 8 cm's longer that what ours was at 12 weeks and our dates were right too!!! So maybe you'll be a big tall Rugby player or a sleek slender model!!!! Hope results all come back ok... be sure to let us know.
Poppit Posts: 2042
Thanks Toni, 8cm longer :eek :eek :eek Maybe its not babs that measures 14cm. Would it be my womb?? Measurements are recorded on left side of scan pic. 14cm DR66 G66 Doc just commented that it going to be long baby. Surely it cant be 14cm....