Had my scan last night and found out i'm having a....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

first-timer Posts: 463
BOY!!!!!! very excited!! i felt it all along but OH insisted it was a girl but i was right!! not much of a shock as i AM a woman after all!!! lol. anyways baby is doing well, measuring a whole week ahead!!! big baby!! at one point OH saw a measurement come up 19w1d!!! but she concluded saying he was measuring 18w5d so 7 days ahead! so you think they will change my due date? the lady said no. but i heard if its 7 days or more they will? not that important anyway as people say "babs will come when he wants to!". and especially with the stubborn attitude he's got even now!! cheekt thing refused to let us get a photo of his face! poor lady even turned on the 3D for us to get a photo of his face but he pushed himself against my womb and put his hand over his face! still a cute pic tho, the lady tried to put a nice side to it and said "aw looks like he's hugging u!", cheeky baby!!! the lady even apologised for not getting a good pic, i told her it was really ok was in no way her fault, was babs being either shy or stubborn! ah well important thing is we got to see the other end, which at one point he really refused to show aswell! i was ready to start freaking out! finally the lady saw the necessary bits and pieces and told us it was a boy!! god, typical males, not even born yet and causing women trouble!! lol have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks so i'm excited to see him again!!! :lvs
mammybean Posts: 10364
Hi ya and firstly congratulations!! The things with the dates always happens depending on what part of the baby they are measuring. I remember when getting mine done there was a 2 week difference between 2 parts of the body. Every scan i got gave different dates so it is unlikely that they will change your dates at this stage, but you never know!!
bonita Posts: 1678
Thats brilliant, Congrats
under construction Posts: 3458
Ah that's brilliant congratulations. Happy shopping !!!
jarashow Posts: 3083
Congrats FT!! You can get started on names now LOL I am convinced we are having a boy too, will wait till the big day to find out.... so lets see if your womans intuition theory is right :o0
first-timer Posts: 463
Thanks girlies!! so excited. feels very real when you can start to say he or she rather than 'it' which OH hates!! we already had names picked out from 7 weeks! crazy i know! just came into our heads and we loved them! for once we agree on something! seemed early at 7 weeks but comes in handy not to have to have war over names now! :o)ll
sinion Posts: 6050
oh how exciting!! that's so cute that he wouldn't show his face or his little boy bits :o0 :lvs
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Aw congrats. I know you've been dying to find out - glad you finally know! With DD and this time round, every measurement they took gave a different date, but overall, DD measured 6 days ahead, and this little guy measured 5 days ahead. With DD they did change my dates, but she arrived on my original due date anyway :o0. I think it depends on the hospital whether they change the dates or not.
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
Congratulations. We found out at around about the same time with DS and I loved knowing who was in there. Boys rock by the way!! :o0 FP
Baby bop Posts: 662
Congratulations First Timer, I'd say you's are over the moon. You'll being shopping until your hearts content now :o0