Had my scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
We had our second scan yesterday and got on great. The little fella was curled up into a ball so nurse had a hard time trying to count the vertebre (sp). Baby finally started moving around and having a great time. Got some great pictures of the head and hands, they are really defined. Nurse said everything looks perfect. She kept commenting on the size of babies belly- it's big. Obviously likes his/her food :-8 (Just like mammy and daddy). Found it difficult to find the entry point of the cord, but did get it eventually. She said the placenta is very low at the moment but that it's fairly normal at this stage (20% of pregnancies). I'm back again at 32 weeks to make sure it's moved up. I had a great sleep last night. Every other night this week I was woken by strange dreams so I must have been worried about it. Here's to our all happy healthy beans O-O (non-alcoholic of course)
Sphynx Posts: 6795
That's great Rocket Queen! :o)ll And great that you will be getting a scan later on too! I've heard that a lot of placentas start off low down but it's nothing to worry about. I thought our baby's belly looked HUGE but the midwife said it looked fine to her. We'll probably just have two chubby little yokes! *) Is yours definitely a fella then?
We don't know if it's a boy or girl but we keep calling the baby 'him'. Don't know why :-8 I was thinking it was a sign but then a friend of mine said she did the same for the entire 9mths and in the end had a girl. We did ask if you could see the gender but the nurse said unless we wanted to know the sex she wasn't going to answer that. I couldn't see anything obvious on the screen anyway. I know placenta previa is common if you've had a d&c before, which I did so I'm preparing myself for that outcome just in case. If placenta moves up then I'll be delighted but if it doesn't then at least I won't be too disappointed. (I think the bean knows I'm talking about him/her coz he's kicking like mad!!) :o)ll
sinion Posts: 6050
awwwwwwww :lvs
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Congrats Rocket Queen, great news!
mumof2 Posts: 3864
That's great news, it must be brillant to see all that on the scan. Congrads
mammybean Posts: 10364
ah thats great news RQ. i hadnt heard that about the D&C, to be honest i dont really know what placenta previa is. i have stopped myself looking it up cos of paranoia
You're right Beanies. I reckon you should only find out about these things if you need to, otherwise you'd have yourself in knots worrying (at least I would). Anyway from the very limited research I did it doesn't seem to be serious, tg.
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Thats great news RocketQueen :o)ll Delighted for you *)
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
That's great news, congratulations