Menu

Had my scan

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi girls, i had my first scan this morning. God it was so mad its made it all feel real now. I was convinced i was having a phantom pregnancy and there was no baby there at all, especially when doc couldnt pick up the heartbeat. I went to Charlement Clinic (they were lovely there), it only took about 10 mins but we saw loads. You could see the legs and feet and hands. He was lying back with 2 legs crossed and i started laughing and he went mad wiggling about then, the little legs pumping. :lvs The doc said i am 13 weeks and 6 days so my dates are right and my due date was docs birthday!!!! I got three photos and i keep looking at them. *) Im so happy. :o)ll
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
Aw that's lovely :heartbeat: Wishing you a happy and healty pregnancy. Can't wait to get to that stage!
Sassy Posts: 2269
Thats great news. Congradulations. I'm so happy for you, sounds so exciting seeing the baby riggling around in there. I have a scan booked for next week and i just can't wait.
sinion Posts: 6050
aww that's so lovely, that made me laugh :lvs :o)ll
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Thanks girls it was brilliant. Sassy you will be surprised at how much you can see. I looked at other scans from same week on the internet so i knew what to look for and im glad i did cos i could pick up everything straight away. You will enjoy it so much.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
That's sounds fantastic - it's great that you get to see so much
roxychick Posts: 1802
that's brilliant. Delighted for u
The Fitness Dock Posts: 130
Congratulations O-O When I got the first scan, I added it as my screensaver on my computer. There was such a difference between it and the very first scan - done after only a few weeks. Any plans to get a 4-D scan? We got one and it was amazing. You get a DVD of everything, which you can show your child when he/she is old enough to understand!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Congrats NLTG!!! That sounds just fabulous, little thing chillin out is so cute. You must be walking on air. I'm delighted for you :xxx
babyboom Posts: 294
Hi NLTG Delighted to hear how your scan went. It really is the best feeling in the world seeing your baby for the 1st time. :lvs Like you say it finally makes it 'real'.