Had Ultrasound Yesterday

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Well girls I woke at 5.30am but refused to get up yesterday morning as I seem to waking early again (6.30am sat etc...)but I think I was feeling nervous too about yesterday... We arrived early and after getting lost finally found our place at Holles Street,met with an administrar to set up my file and then passed the queue to wait for the nurse...she took my bloods and asked some questions then we waited to see Dr.Declan Keane.I had asked the nurse if I was going to be scanned today and she said no :o( and after drinking 1 litre in the car on the way in I was bursting to pee so I went with much delight and gave my sample too,got really embrassed as it was really hot :-8 and I kept shaking the tub to cool it down before I handed it to the nurse. Not long waiting it was our turn,I got butterflies walking in but felt comfortable around him so I took off my jacket and hopped up on the bed and lay down,he was talking away for a few minutes and then I realised what I looked like :-8 :-8 so I sat up(he was probably thinking this one is eager)DH was standing by the door.The room was small but it had a machine at the side of the bed,he took my blood pressure and then asked me to adjust my trousers :o)ll :o)ll so next of all he put on the gel stuff and then the little machine thing and we seen our baby :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll oh girls its the most overwhelming experience of our lives so far,I could see the head,arms etc..straight away...got two photos and they are so clear...my sis bought us a photo frame so I have them here in work with me I can't stop looking at them :o)ll :o)ll We didnt hear the heartbeat I should have asked and its just the one in there not twins as I ordinally thought and my dates are bang on! Best of luck to ChristmasB and anyone else today :o)ll
sunnyside Posts: 3164
Ah that's lovely. sounds like a truly great experience. congrats. :wv
gbirishgirl Posts: 246
Congrats Dolly! Am delighted all went well for you... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll gbirishgirl
Wannabe Posts: 181
Thats Fanastic Dolly :o)ll :o)ll You must have be so excited leaving the hospital yesterday.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Ah missus congrats delighted all went well for you !!
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Wow, what an amazing experience! Wishing you a continued happy and healthy pregnancy Dolly!
Rocky Posts: 465
Hi Dolly Dora, What an exciting time for ye. I'm thrilled that everything went ok too and it's so great to have those photos. Im over 17 weeks now and still keep them in my bag so i can have a peek and realise it's so real. The time will fly now once the worry of the scan is over or that is how i feel anyway - Many congrats :o)ll O-O :o)ll
NotHere Posts: 10273
Congrats Dolly! It's fab isn't it!! :o)ll
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Thanks girls,I was gutted when the nurse said no scan but I was getting confused between and ultrasound and a scan they are obviously 2 very different things...baby is 10cm in size and I did get a fright and asked how come it wasnt moving,he then said they are allowed to sleep to you know!so with that the arms started to move around and then the head like it was a puppet :o0 so cute!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Congratulations Dolly! :o)ll Delighted your scan went so well! By the way that nurse is an idiot - an ultrasound IS a scan! They are the same thing! O:|