Haggling with hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dreamscometrue2012 Posts: 1769
Hiya Girls, I need some advice, I'm going to the hotel to do a bit of haggling as we have finally picked a hotel!! The package is great, its €70 per person but I was going to try and get it down to €65 person...what do you think?? I don't need any other extras as they provide everything sparking wine reception for guests with scones and cakes + tea+coffee+biscuits half bot of wine per person bar extenstion comp rooms for ourselves and parents 5 course meal with main meal choice, prob choosing beef or seabass evening food chair covers comp menu tasting with overnight acco and comp spa treatment anniversary b&b + 1 dinner floral arrangements or candelabras - going to ask to have a mixture of both and of course the red carpet with champers!! I need to talk to them about accom for our guests and what specials they can provide i.e 2 B&B + 1 dinner Is there anything else I need to ask?? Will I bring my deposit down with me?? I'm getting all excited woo hoo, can't wait to marry my babes...its over 2 years away!!! Thanks girls!!
ros33 Posts: 202
what i found helpful in haggling was, if they won't budge on something try something else. Like they would not budge on corkage for me but i got 1 euro off the evening food etc. So have a look at the package and see where you can save money. This won't be of help to your budget, but another hotel i went to offered me 5 rooms comp, so there are extra things you could try and get (again that's no help to your budget!!) best of luck ;-)