Menu

Hair and make up trials

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jayzilla Posts: 109
Hi girls Just wondering how soon before the wedding should i have hair and make up trials? Thanks
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
You can really do them anytime. I will be getting mine done about two months before my wedding. Cant wait. Dont want to get them done too far in advance in case I start changing my mind etc.
lovebug Posts: 118
Hi girls For my sisters wedding we had our trials 4 months before the big day so we new if we did not like them we had time to change to someone else but fortunately they were amazing.
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I've had my make up trial a couple of months ago and I'm having my hair trial next week.
jayzilla Posts: 109
Thanks girls, if I book them for sometime in April that gives me plenty of time.
fe09 Posts: 69
Hi B I have a make up artist booked but looking for a hairdresser at the moment. Where are you based, Do you travel? I am from the South side of Dublin. Thanks O-O
HamletBride Posts: 376
I am going for a hair trial next Monday, I am getting my colour done and my hairdresser suggested she do a quick upstyle so she can get a feel of my hair and the texture of it etc. Really looking forward to it. She is charging €25 for BM and €35 for myself. Is that about average???
fe09 Posts: 69
That sounds like a great price, Can i ask where are you based? Will your hairdresser come to your house? I got a few quotes of 100 for me and 8o for bridesmaids :eek
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
[quote="HAIR & MAKE-UP ARTIST":oqxv3o6m]Hi girls, My name is "B" and Im a fully qualifed hardresser & make-up artist,I have been working in television for the last 10 years so please feel free to ask any questions,you can contact me on 0868421058 for quotes or to arrange a trial, Looking forward to hearing from you, B[/quote:oqxv3o6m] Hi B Have you any ideas for a bob hairstyle? My hair dressers are in Dublin city and don't do house calls and I am getting married on a Monday. I was thinking of getting my cut and colour on the Saturday. My mum is suggesting that I would be better off getting it done a week in advance to let the colour settle a bit. Any opinions or advice?
HamletBride Posts: 376
[quote="Fe09":3g5cap61]That sounds like a great price, Can i ask where are you based? Will your hairdresser come to your house? I got a few quotes of 100 for me and 8o for bridesmaids :eek[/quote:3g5cap61] Wholly mollie, that is very expensive. I have 4 BM and a mother. With a trial for myself and my CBM it should work out at €180 for the lot. Unfotunately she doesnt do house calls but I only live 10mins drive away. She is in Edenderry if thats any help, let me know and i'll give you details.