Hair and Makeup - how much?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cmor Posts: 638
Hi Just wondering how much you are all spening on hair and makeup? My friend is getting married in a few months and seems to be getting very high quotes. Thanks
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
My make-up for myself and 3 BMs trail and the 4 of us and my mum and sister on the day came to €220. My cousin did our hair for free (got her a voucher to say thank you though)
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I am paying €10 for each hair trial and €20 for BM upstyle on day and I think €30 for myself. Make up is €20 per person plus a €50 call out charge. Think this is all very reasonable compared to some prices I have heard on here.
cmor Posts: 638
Thanks for the replies! Shas been quoted just under 1000 for hair and makeup for bride and 4 bms - seems a little expensive *)
tilsun Posts: 4506
I know the cost for a hairdresser or make-up artist to call to your home is a lot more, which is fair enough. That said 1000 seems very expensive. I'm budgeting 700 for the two to come to house for me 3 bridesmaids and my mam. Hope I'm about right, delighted if its less.
ela28 Posts: 2552
I'll be spending 250 on the makep for 4 of us,300 for our hair,very reasonable quotes *)
MoreThanMakeup Posts: 516
The quote for €1000 sound like it might have come from salon based hairdressers and artists. I used to work in a salon and they charged for the service, travelling expenses and for the work they would have turned down because the people were not in the salon to take clients. I thought that was ridiculous because the client was paying for the service and if she had been going to the salon they couldn't have taken anyone else anyway... Better to get an itemisation of what the charges are for and maybe shop around. Breda O'Neill 'More than make-up'
ela28 Posts: 2552
[quote="More than make-up":1ii5yxe0]The quote for €1000 sound like it might have come from salon based hairdressers and artists. I used to work in a salon and they charged for the service, travelling expenses and for the work they would have turned down because the people were not in the salon to take clients. I thought that was ridiculous because the client was paying for the service and if she had been going to the salon they couldn't have taken anyone else anyway... Better to get an itemisation of what the charges are for and maybe shop around. Breda O'Neill 'More than make-up'[/quote:1ii5yxe0] more than make-up I was quoted 300 euro for a salon based hairdresser that's coming to my house,either way salon based or not 1000 euro is a total rip off to be paying for them,mind you I'm sure some do try totally rip people off :o(
Teeny10 Posts: 566
I'm paying €350 for 5 people make up on the day (Ailbhe Lynch)and €600 for hair styles for 6 people (Susan Peggs). They're all based in Dublin and coming out to the hotel on the morning of the wedding.
Juno Posts: 2202
I paid 350 or so for 2 x make up, 2 x hair and 1 x trial with Muriel Bell