Hair Colours

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

december06bride Posts: 245
Can anyone advise if you have to be careful when getting your hair coloured when pregnant. I am getting mine done tomorrow but i dont want to tell the hairdresser as i am only 8 weeks yet but i would just be worried in case there would be any hair dye you should avoid...........
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Why dont you want to tell your hairdresser? Its fine,if it were'nt we would know by now,I done mine twice
charli Posts: 5994
i did mine every 6-8 weeks on first pg and have had it done on this one to. i know some of the books say avoid colour, (leak into blood stream or something) but i dont know anyone who does the same books say avoid wearing fake tan - i think thats ott too
swissgirl Posts: 2301
I am fairly sure its fine. Here are some helpful links:
Lady Di Posts: 2487
I get highlights every two months and I'm a high risk pregnancy!!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Highlights are considered safer than full hair colour as the prodcut doesn't come into contact with your scalp. I've read around about this too and found one website that referenced a study on animals giving them toxic levels of hair colour chemicals. Pretty sure they concluded that there was no evidence to suggest that low levels of exposure would have any terratogenic effect. Still, having said that I've held off colouring my hair for the past couple of months. I'm almost 10 weeks gone and will probably get it done in the next short while.